Friday, August 6, 2010

Flashback Friday- Ice Cold Lemonade for Sale {circa 1992}

Since it's so hot, I decided that I'd do a few flashbacks to summers of the past. This week I wanted to share a few photos of me, Cookie, and our childhood friend, Mary Mitchell selling lemonade. I don't have a lot of commentary, because although I do remember this day vaguely it's a fuzzy memory. The pictures are great, though!

Trying to make the sale

taking a little break [Don't y'all love my tucked in shirt? I looked like Steve Urkle, but I was really OCD and had to tuck my shirts into my shorts AND panties. Ha! I'm glad I put that habit to rest!

I'm guessing this was before, because we also sold cookies that day. I'm guessing the lemonade didn't come in a package, since clearly Mrs. Purvis (MM's mom) had us making homemade
cookies!

There's my first "summertime" flashback, stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Cute pics! I knew your mom and Aunt Janie were friends, but I guess I didn't realize that you and Cookie were friends with MM growing up! We used to have such fun things to do when we went to play at their house, and making homemade cookies was usually one of them!

Mallory Pickering said...

Aren't you just the cutest thing?!?! And still just as cute!