Tuesday, August 31, 2010

(More) End of Summer Happenings

- Well, the 30 Day Blog Journal is over and I'm a little sad. It was really fun having a little writing prompt each day and I so enjoyed reading everyone else's entries that did it and getting to know them a little better.

- That said, as I mentioned before, I have a HUGE backlog of posts in my drafts folder and it's time to get to work on finishing and publishing those. Yay!

- I am (more than) slightly nervous about starting MDO next week. I know I can handle the day once I get there (though it is tiring), but what really makes me anxious is the thought of having to have myself ready and dressed, AP fed and dressed, and ourselves out the door by 7:20. I know people do it EVERY day, so it can't be that hard, but I'm SO not a morning person. I just need to suck it up and just thank the Lord for such a wonderful job, though!

- Along with working and making sure AP is clean and has some form of sustenance, I thought I'd share a few goals I have for myself for the fall. First I want to give a little update on my summer goals, though. You may remember that I came up with a chore schedule, an activity schedule, and a cooking schedule. In case you don't, here's what those looked like:

Activity Schedule
Monday- finances day (receipts, checkbooks, coupons, (if Carrie and I start that); I'll also write notes on this day, if I have any that need written)
Tuesday- organizing day (I need to reorganize every drawer in this house!)
Wednesday- craft day (practicing sewing, working on the baby book that is not even HALF finished, ect.)
Thursday- yard wok day
Friday- catch up, rest day

Chore Schedule
Monday- surfaces (dust/deep clean counters)
Tuesday- floors (sweep, mop, dry mop, vacuum)
Wednesday- bathrooms
Thursday- big laundry day (wash all our bedding, do extra loads, iron, ect.)
Friday- misc./catch up

Dinner Schedule
Monday- grill night [Peyton's always off on Monday afternoons]
Tuesday- casserole or spaghetti
Wednesday- BFD (breakfast for dinner)
Thursday- fish or pita pizza
Friday- Beans and Rice at Mickey and Minnie's house
Saturday/Sunday- leftovers, eatout, grill, sandwiches

and here's a little evaluation of how I did:
chore schedule: A+
activity schedule: B
cooking schedule: C-
Overall, I guess I did okay, but there's definitely room for improvement!

- So, in addition to keeping up with those schedules, I thought I'd add a few goals for myself for this fall. I feel like when I actually type out my goals (especially here on the blog, in front of people), it gives me a sense of accountability. For example, I said about a month ago that I needed to be more diligent in my Bible study and last week I shared that I wanted to focus on more making Peyton a priority and I feel like I was at least somewhat successful in both endeavors. That said, I know that with MDO, an active toddler, and my history of redic first trimester fatigue, there will be days when it is all I can do to keep my head above water. So, I am going to set some goals, but I'm also going to be giving myself some grace. Here are my goals (in addition to continuing the above):
1. be more faithful in pursuing, keeping up with, and blogging about my 101 goals
2. be committed to cooking supper at least three times a week (This is a struggle because right now I seriously cook 1-2 nights a week. Honestly, we go to my parents, go out to eat, or eat leftovers probably four nights a week, so if I could just do ONE OR TWO more, we'd be in good shape!)
3. Go walking at least two to three times a week
4. Read for half an hour to an hour (in addition to my Bible study) each night

- I saw on Kelly's blog that she is planning on doing weekly belly pictures again with her second baby. My friend Carrie also did this and I think it would be so much fun! I don't have hardly any pictures of myself when I was pregnant with AP and it's kind of sad. Plus, our weekly family pictures and her monthly birthday pictures are two of my greatest treasures. So, I know I'd love doing this. Here's my question- when should I start? I know people start showing at different times and I was pretty late with AP, but I don't remember exactly when. I was thinking around the time of my next doctor's appointment (I'll be 11 weeks)?? I don't think I'll be doing the cute produce shots like Kelly did round one, but I have to give her props for creativity!

- I feel like I had more, but I guess that's all for now!

No comments: