Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday



It seems like it's been forever since I've don WYRTMW, but really I think I've only missed two weeks! Here is this week's selection....

Peek-A-Boo, I Love You!
by Sandra Magsamen
http://www.bookloons.com/cgi-bin/Bookcover.asp?id=10709

I have shared another sweet book by Sandra Magsamen before, but this one may be even more precious! This book has a very simple repetative, rhyming format. On each page, the author asks a question about an animal ("Who's that snug as a little bug?") and then answers it under a flap on the corresponding page ("Peek-a-Boo! A kitty cat snoozing on a rug."). The last two pages are espessially adorable ("And who's that right there, as cute as can be...Peak-a-Boo, I love you! The sweetest baby in the world to me!").

I love the colors of the book, the funny "messy" illustrations, and the print of the words that looks all sketchy like it was written very quickly by someone with a fountain pen.

Annie is pretty much obsessed with lift-the-flap books now, so this is one we read several times a week, at least! It's cute, sweet, and short, so it holds her attention and I'm happy to read it over and over!



No comments: