Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Babykins #2- Nine Weeks

Per the suggestion of Carrie I decided to go ahead and start with the pregnancy posts this week. I really don't feel like I'm showing at all yet, but I have gained a little weight. I think it's just all spread out at this point! Anyway, I'm very excited to document all this, since I did such a terrible job last time!

I also decided that in addition to a picture, it would be fun to document my "pregnancy highlights". I've seen this fun idea on several blogs I follow (Kelly's Korner, The Frances Family, and Growing Up Grantham, and probably more!). Here we go....

9 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 9Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is an inch long and weighs a fraction of an ounce; he or she is about the size of a grape
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained a couple of pounds
Maternity Clothes: hopefully, those are a ways away (I hate maternity clothes with a passion) but a few pairs of jeans are already getting snug!
Gender: can't wait to find out!
Movement: not yet
Sleep: I didn't really think my sleep had been disturbed at all yet, but last night I woke up so much (this is the second time this has happened in a week; I blamed Peyton and his wiggle worm sleep habits the first time, but this time it was all me!). I think I woke up at least once every hour!
What I miss: my energy!
Cravings: mainly Cheerios, pretzels, popcorn, and other bland, carby things
Symptoms: way more nausea than I experienced with AP (everyone thinks it's a boy!); fatigue
Best Moment This Week: hearing another teacher at Mother's Day Out talking to Ann Peyton about how she's going to be a big sister
What I Am Looking Forward To: having a teensy tiny newborn to snuggle with

2 comments:

Rachel said...

love your pregnancy post! I hope you update us on your pregnancy weekly! :)

The Niemeyer Nest said...

So cute you are! I have missed your blog and finally caught up tonight!