Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Babykins #2- Ten Weeks

10 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 10 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is a little over an inch long and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. He or she is the size of a kumquat(??).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: We don't have a really accurate scale at home, but I can tell I've gained a little.
Maternity Clothes: I said last week that I was hoping the maternity clothes were still far in the distance, but it doesn't look that way now! There are already several things I can barely fit in. This took SO much longer last time!
Gender: can't wait to find out!
Movement: not yet
Sleep: I've been waking up some at night, but I think that's more due to a bad sinus infection than anything else
What I miss: I don't think I've mentioned this yet on the blog (which is super surprising!) but I've tried to cut back to one Coke a day. For the most part, I haven't had as much of the withdrawal type symptoms that I had when I gave one up over Lent (weird, huh?), but some days I miss that second Coke SO BAD!
Cravings: orange sherbet PushUps
Symptoms: naseau; fatigue; some back pain
Best Moment This Week: shopping for Ann Peyton and realizing that at the next consignment sale I go to (in the Spring) I'll be shopping for two!
What I Am Looking Forward To: honestly, I am really anxious to be done with the first trimester. It was BY FAR the hardest part last time and I keep thinking that the naseau and lack of energy will be so much better once it's over. Also, to be REALLY honest, after our little scare, I will just breath so much easier once we've gotten out of first trimester territory. I know there are still risks, but this is really the scary part to me. Oh, who am I kidding? I won't totally breath easy until I have this baby in my arms and then I'm sure the ever traumatizing SIDS fear will creep in and haunt my every night just like last time. Either way, I am SO much more concious this time of what a precious gift this is. Last time, I just did not worry about the miscarriage risk much at all and I think it was because Ann Peyton wasn't quite "real" to us until we heard her cry that first time. I felt bonded with her to varying degrees throughout my pregnancy, of course, but once we heard her and saw her and held her everything changed. I just don't think I'll ever be as distanced during a pregnancy knowing what I know now.

No comments: