Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekly Happenings Post #78 (September 6-12)- Back to School/We Have A Walker!


Last week I felt so bad about myself, but I had a much better attitude this week! I am so blessed by all the encouraging people in my life! I mentioned that my best friend does pregnancy so well....well, fortunately she does friendship just as well! Carrie was so encouraging, telling me that I do accomplish more than I think I do and that the really hard part, the first trimester, is almost over. I also can't begin to articulate how amazing the people I work with are. My boss is like a second mom to me and the cute girl that does the middle age babies with me is like an older sister and I just adore her. One of the other ladies asks me all the time how I'm feeling and is just so sweet. I love the family atmosphere and am so blessed by this "job". Then my parents- they've fed us two meals this week, not including the lunch my mom made me on Monday or the Chick Fil A she bought me on Friday! And I can't leave out Peyton; he is so helpful and will do whatever I need help with and doesn't complain. Such wonderful people!

Monday
was labor day, but Peyton had to work, so we didn't really have any big plans. Ann Peyton ended up sleeping until 10:00! Now, she is an excellent sleeper, in my opinion, but she doesn't do that kind of thing regularly! I had planned on us both getting up around 8ish, so that we could start getting used to our schedule for Mother's Day Out (when she and I would be getting up at 6:45 and 6:00, respectively). Well, I changed my mind. For one thing, I just love the feeling of being sort of half awake in my bed. I like to doze and just enjoy how good the bed feels and I just couldn't resist the temptation to do so. Secondly, I justified it by saying that this way I wouldn't want a nap and my day would probably end up on a better schedule, anyway. Soooo....when we woke up, I felt great! Annie and I snuggled while she drank her milk and then we had breakfast; cereal for both us, plus applesauce for AP. I did some dishes while she ate and started laundry. After breakfast, Annie and I took a bath and got ready. I straightened our room and made the bed and then we headed over to my parents' house. We brought Peyton some soup (in a can) to the Walgreens since he was feeling bad and then went to my parents'. We had a good time and everybody was there since they didn't have school/work. My mom gave AP some hummus and she devoured it. After she finished, we noticed she had a terrible rash on her face. I think it was really from the the lemon juice and vinegar and other acidy stuff "burning" her face, rather than an allergic reaction, but we'll take it slow next time for sure! It really didn't seem to bother her, either way.
Cookie started quoting the mom from A Christmas Story at this point:

See what I mean?

[Um, definite resemblance between AP and Randy]

Messy girl!

her poor little face!

When we got home, I put AP down for her nap (she had fallen asleep in the car) and uploaded/edited/organized some pictures and worked on last week's Weekly Happenings post. I don't think she ever really did go to sleep; every time I thought she had finally fallen asleep she'd start talking to her bunny again. She did this for almost forty minutes and then was ready to get out. We played a lot, read a bunch of books, and folded laundry until Peyton got home. He was tired and so was I, but we needed to go the the grocery store really bad, so we made a list and went. We had a good trip and when we got home I fed Annie dinner and put up the groceries. Peyton said all he wanted for supper was cold cereal, so he ate it and went to bed while I was putting AP down. I cleaned up her room and did her nighttime routine and put her to sleep. I did some laundry, cleaned out the fridge a little and loaded the dishwasher, straightened the house, and finished last week's Weekly Happenings post. I read my Bible, filled out some paper work for Mother's Day Out, and went to bed early (11ish).

On Tuesday, I got up at 6:00 so I'd have plenty of time to get ready, eat breakfast, and take pictures, along with getting Ann Peyton ready. It wasn't easy waking up so early, but it wasn't as painful as I had anticipated ;) I wish I had taken a picture of AP when I woke her up; she will still half asleep as I got her dressed and barely woke up to eat her breakfast. Peyton woke up before we left and took some pictures and we headed out around 7:20.

We had a nice day at MDO. Our little room of children is SO cute and I love the other teacher who is in the room with me. We have seven children and there are two of us in our room; AP is the second to youngest and the oldest is about to be two. So fun!

Annie fell asleep in the car on the way home and I tried to transfer her to her crib, but it didn't work out so well. She just talked and talked for about twenty minutes and then decided she was not going to go to sleep and wanted OUT! NOW! I got her back up and we both had lunch and played a little and then Peyton got home (it was his day off and he had been running an errand). We decided to go ahead and go to Stride Rite while she was up. We had to take ANOTHER pair of shoes back to switch (we bought two pairs a few weeks ago and I switched both for bigger sizes). They may have measured her feet a little wrong, but also, I think her foot grew (the lady helping us said Stride Rite had done national studies that show toddlers feet can grow measurably literally OVER NIGHT). Since we hadn't worn them at all, they were happy to exchange them ("we guarantee the fit" the lady said- one of the perks of paying a little bit more; you're also paying for great service!). Annie went straight to sleep when we got home and I had some computer time and took a nap myself. When she got up, we fed her supper and then took her outside for a little dip in the kiddie pool while we weeded.
enjoying an Ice Pop for dessert
After that, she and I took a bath and we put her to bed. I did laundry, straightened the house, unloaded the dishwasher and scrubbed the counters. I had some scrambled eggs for dinner and Peyton had leftovers. I read my Bible and went to bed. It was a really hard night. I kept waking up every thirty minutes to an hour and I had the worst headache I've had in a long time. At one point, I got up to take some Tylenol and I got so dizzy that I had to sit down between the bed and the bathroom (which is about twenty feet away). I thought about waking up Peyton, but there really wasn't anything he could do anyway. Annie woke up at about 5:30 screaming because she had a super soaker diaper. Peyton was sweet and changed it and let me know I might want to wash her sheets in the morning.

Annie and I woke up for the day at 8:00 on Wednesday. I thought she might go back to sleep after her milk because she sometimes does that if she wakes up during the night but that didn't happen. We snuggled and read on the couch, ate breakfast and then I folded laundry while she played. I put her in the bath with me and got us both ready to meet Carrie, Aubrey, and Jude at Corner Bakery for lunch. We had a great time and it's nice to know we can still go out to eat even with three babies! Honestly, I kind of didn't want to go because I was so exhausted from the night before and I STILL had that headache, but I was so glad I went! When we got home, I put on Annie's bedding that I had washed that morning and put her down for a nap. She was super tired, but she didn't want to go to sleep. I'm sure it was her teeth (we can see TWO more coming through), so I gave her some Tylenol and rocked her. She went to sleep and I read blogs, wrote a post and uploaded pictures to Facebook for most of her nap. Toward the end I got started on my Bible Study for church that night. Annie woke up and played while I finished it. Peyton got home and we fed Annie supper and then went to church. The Bible Study was good and AP went right to sleep when we got home. Peyton and I made Sweet Potato Pancakes together for supper for the first time. I liked them pretty good, but Peyton wasn't a huge fan; I was expecting it to be the reverse! I straightened the house, did the dishes, cleaned the bathrooms and read my Bible. I always go in and pat Annie and stroke her hair and tell her I love her right before I go to bed, but that night I wanted more. Soooo....I got her out of her crib and just held her and snuggled with her for a few minutes. She went right back to sleep. I'm not counting on that kind of thing round two!

Thursday was another early morning! Peyton got up with us and made me a strawberry milkshake for breakfast. I'm surprised I could drink it; maybe the morning sickness it getting better? Anyway, it was yum. We had another good day at MDO. We only had six of our seven children on Tuesday and today the seventh joined us. She cries most of the time in the nursery during church, so I was braced for the worst, but she really did much better than I expected! Of course, AP fell asleep again on the way home and I tried to transfer her, again without success. I guess I should just stop trying, but I like having those fifteen minutes to decompress while she talks to Flopsy in her bed! I got her back up and we both had lunch and then she played while I unloaded and loaded dishes and started laundry. I put up a load and folded another one. Then....

Annie walked BY HERSELF!!!!! I was so excited and wanted to call Peyton, but I made myself wait. I put her down for a nap and had some computer time and then took a nap myself. Peyton got home while I was napping and AP and I woke up a little later. She showed off her new skills for her papa and then he mowed the yard while we played. Annie played and I mostly just laid on the daybed in her room and watched her/dozed off a little. Peyton came in and we fed her supper and played some more and then it was bedtime for AP! I was planning on cooking fish, but there was just noway I could eat that, so Peyton had a frozen pizza and I just snacked on light stuff. Peyton watched the Saints game on TV and I read a few blogs. Then I cleaned up the kitchen, straightened the house, read my Bible and went to bed.

On Friday, Annie slept really late again! As I said on Monday, she is a great sleeper, but her usual wake-up time is around 8:00 or 8:30. I got up at 9:15 and took a shower and she woke up at 9:45! I guess she thinks she needs to make up for those early mornings on school day, which is fine with me! It was really nice to have a shower by myself without a timeframe for having to be somewhere. After AP got up she played while I got ready and then we both had breakfast and I gave her a bath. I folded laundry and straightened up a little and then my mom and Cookie came over and we all went to Target. I haven't been to Target in probably over two weeks and it seemed like an eternity! We had fun and then we picked up Chick Fil A on the way home. We brought it back to my house and ate it. Annie enjoyed some french fries and especially the ketchup! My mom helped me go through AP's closet and pick out which summer stuff still looked appropriate (it's still SO hot!) and which was just way too summery. [I still have have to go through the too summery stuff and pick out what I think might fit next year and what to send to the attic.] They left and I put Ann Peyton down for her nap. I read blogs until Peyton got home, took a break to chat with him for awhile and then got busy on the all important task of searching for Annie's Halloween costume. When she woke up Peyton played with her while I swept and mopped the ceramic and laminate floor. I got him to move the fridge and I swept and mopped behind it. It was awful! I also found a part to my breast pump back there that I didn't even know was missing. Peyton said if I sterilized it he thought it would be fine. I'm glad I discovered that before Babykins #2 arrived! I also moved some furniture around in the sunroom and did a more thorough job mopping in there and the bathrooms than I usually do. Then I got to work balancing my "checkbook". I don't really use a checkbook, but I got caught up on my baby/spendy money purchases through June.
Peyton dressed Teddy Gram (his bear from when he was a little boy) up in one of Annie's dresses that was deemed "too summery"!

When I finished, we headed over to my parents' house. Because my sister's boyfriend was in town and they were cooking on Friday and Saturday and my mom was working on Saturday, Beans and Rice got moved to Saturday. So we enjoyed a pot roast and yummy veggies instead! We had a fun time and Annie loved the pot roast! She got so messy we had to give her a bath (see a trend? she's a very messy eater at my parents' house!). I was sitting right by the tub with my Dad watching her play and she got carried away trying to grab a toy. She went under for just a second before I grabbed her and it was SO scary! It really didn't bother her much and my dad said "they hold their breath for a few seconds....but you still need to get them quick!". Ha! We had to go by Walgreens to pick up something on the way home and then Peyton wanted a treat from Dairy Queen. Then we went by Kroger to get a few things and it was 11:00 by the time we got home. AP had been asleep in the car the whole time, so we just transferred her. I stayed up WAY to late (after 1:00) working on AP's Baby Calendar (not even the book; I still haven't finished the calendar!).

Annie woke up SCREAMING at 7:00 on Saturday, but since she had such a late night I decided to try putting her back in bed after she had her cup of milk. She was "reading" a book when I left and got back in the bed and I found her fast asleep when I went in to wake her up at about 10:30! I gave her another cup of milk and ate breakfast myself and then put her in the tub with me. I fed her an early lunch and she played while I cooked Suddenly Salad for a Sunday School party and some peas for her lunches and dinners. I folded some laundry and did dishes and then put her down for a nap. Even though she slept late she still took a solid nap from 1:30 until about 4:00. I laid on the couch THE WHOLE TIME. I was just so tired and my back started hurting. I ate a baked potato and a orange sherbet PushUp. The PushUp was the best thing I've eaten in weeks! When AP woke up I fed her snack to make up for her missed breakfast, wrapped Aubrey's present. and got us both ready for the party. Then we headed to the Howie's. We had such a nice time visiting and the birthday girl gave AP so many "loveloves"; Aubrey is so sweet and loves kissing her friends these days. Annie got to meet Carver and I got to enjoy all the delicious food Carrie had made. We left the party a little early because my best friend, Ellis and his girlfriend Minda were coming over for a visit. They came over to our house, but when Peyton got home we all headed over to my parents' house for Red Beans and Rice. [I noticed I capitalize it every time; but it's an event, ha!]Annie had a good time seeing her godfather and we enjoyed catching up with El and Minda. I actually ended up getting my mom to cook me another baked potato; I just couldn't stomach those red beans!
walking and drinking at the same time!

It's been awhile since she's seen El, so it took her a minute to warm up....

but then they were fine!

We tried to get home a little earlier so Annie could get some sleep. I read my Bible and went to bed pretty early. AP was up several times during the night and Peyton and I took turns with her at first, but then he just got her and snuggled with her on the couch and they slept like that the rest of the night. I think it was teeth, but I'm wondering if her crazy schedule was bothering her. I decided that wasn't it, because we had lots of crazy weeks this summer, but who knows?

Since Peyton wasn't working, we went to Sunday School and then late church. Peyton was ushering, so we weren't sitting together and our associate pastor's wife forgot she was the Children's Church assistant, so I ended up doing it for her. After church we had a Sunday School party. We had a lot of fun and the food was great, but we cut out a little early because we were driving to Hattisburg to see PopPop (Peyton's grandfather) who had surgery earlier in the week. It looks like they got all the cancer, praise the Lord and he is doing AMAZINGLY, especially for someone his age. Anyway, we went home and changed clothes, straightened the house a little (made beds, loaded dishes, ect) and got things together. Peyton went to the gas station to vacuum out his car for the trip and I was feeding AP lunch and noticed that some ground beef that I was going to use for supper had leaked all over the fridge. UGH. It was so gross! I guess it wasn't packaged well or something. Anyway, I put it in a ziplock and cleaned up the mess. Peyton got home and we finished getting ready and headed out.
Annie helping us get ready

Annie slept the whole drive down and I slept part of the way. We stopped at a Walgreens to get some diapers (I didn't do too well with the packing) and snacks for us. We didn't get there until close to 5:00 and we left before 7:00, be we had a good visit and Annie was such a delight. She just sat on the floor or in one of our laps and played so well.
The hospital floor kinda scheeved me out, but to be honest, it's probably cleaner than ours. I mean they mop it daily!

The trip home wasn't quite like that. She fussed/cried/screamed the majority of the way. I sat in the back seat with her and played her favorite tunes (James Taylor, Sufjan Stevens, ect.) and she did a little better. It was a rough ride though; I'm thankful it's less than two hours!

When we got home, I had planned to make lasagna but I realized I didn't have something I needed for the new recipe, so I went to the grocery store after Peyton put AP to be and I spent about twenty minutes searching for my glasses (they were in Peyton's car). When I got home Peyton was dead asleep on the couch. He said he was really tired because he woke up about every thirty minutes last night when Annie stirred. We had stopped at Bops before leaving Hattisburg, so neither of us were that hungry anyway. Besides, I don't think I'd be be able to keep the lasagna down anyway, so I decided to forgo it until tomorrow. I think we might be meeting friends for dinner, but I'm just going to cook it for lunch and then we'll eat on it for the next few days (Peyton loves leftovers and I enjoy them, but not so much since I got pregnant. I'll probably just be eating potatoes and PushUps all week, ha!)

I decided to finish this post and read my Bible and try to hit the sack early tonight and just worry about tidying, cleaning, and cooking tomorrow!

Next week seems good, but BUSY. We have dentist appointments, there is another consignment sale, and I need to get my hair cut!

3 comments:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I need to be more productive during naptime too but you have a great excuse since you are pregnant. Evie gets the same rash from hummus along with ranch dressing and some types of yogurt. Our pediatrican suggested that it may be an allergy or sensitivity to citric acid. Hummus is the best thing Evie eats so we just deal but it goes away within 30 minutes of her eating it. Have a great week!

Amy said...

love the picture of you and AP where she is smiling so big! maybe her sleep disturbances were due to her new walking skill?? i've always read that reaching developmental milestones can interrupt their sleep b/c they just want to practice :) but who knows?? and congrats to ann peyton on walking!! it's a whole new world :)

Alison said...

yay for baby teeth and the dentist :-) hope you get to feeling better!