Thursday, October 28, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Guest Bedrooms

Technically, we don't really have a guest bedroom. We have a three bedroom house and the baby needed a room (here is the full post on her nursery) and we use our study for (lots) of books and it houses Peyton's big desk and it just wasn't practical to try to make it into a guest room. It works out fine, for the most part, though, because both our immediate families live in town and most of our close friends do, too. So it hasn't really been that big of a deal.

But I did want something, so we put a twin bed in Ann Peyton's room. If/when we have guests, they can sleep in here and she can sleep in the Pack N Play in our room. The one time we've had a spend the night visitor, it was my sister and she's pretty obsessed with her niece, so we just left AP in the room in her crib.

This is the room (we've made a few adjustments since I took this picture):
and here is the "guest bedroom" portion of it:
(because anytime I stay somwhere overnight I like to have a bunny on a rope swing and diapers hanging on the end of my bed, ha!)

By the way, when the new baby comes in April, we'll transfer AP to the big bed (with a rail, of course!) and Babykins #2 will take up residence in her crib (once he or she starts sleeping through the night)!

5 comments:

Alison said...

AP's room is so sweet...can't wait to see how the room is updated for baby #2 :-)

SalicosFamilyBlog said...

What a sweet room - I love the curtains :)

Mary Ellen said...

I love those shabby chic curtains in this room!! AND I think it is a great idea to have a room work several ways like you did with this one being able to accommodate guests!

Ashley said...

Visiting Kelly's Korner. I LOVE the Shabby chic room! So cute...I actually have the same blanket for my duaghter (the one on the crib :)
Thanks you for sharing :)
-Ashley-

Ashley said...

Visiting Kelly's Korner. I LOVE the Shabby chic room! So cute...I actually have the same blanket for my duaghter (the one on the crib :)
Thanks you for sharing :)
-Ashley-