Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly Happenings Post #81 (September 27- October 3)-- It Feels Like Fall, Y'all!

Overall, this has been a good week. I haven't been near as sick (I've only thrown up once), but I've been the tiredest I've been yet. There were several points this week were I was just almost to the point of tears I was so exhausted. That sounds melodramatic and it's partially my own fault for staying up too late, but it's the truth. Anyway....

Ann Peyton woke up before 7:00 on Monday. Peyton was already getting up to take his brother (who stayed with us last weekend) to school, so he just popped AP in the car and took her with him. They ran some errands and when they got back I was up and getting ready. We met my mom at Sam's to do some grocery shopping (and see if we thought we should get a membership). We got a bunch of stuff, but we finished pretty quickly. My mom had trouble getting her car to start and we didn't have jumper cables, but a nice man in the parking lot helped her out. When we got home, Annie took a nap and I put up groceries and unloaded the dishwasher. I had to do a lot of reorganizing of the cabinets to fit all the bulk items we bought! After that, I ate lunch, did stuff on the computer, and took a nap. AP and I woke up and we joined Peyton outside to do some weeding. It had warmed up a lot and AP enjoyed a little dip in her pool (possibly her last for the year). She didn't stay in too long and Peyton realized I was right and it's just too hard to watch her in the front yard now that's she's so mobile. So they went in and had baths and I finished up.Annie got her first booboo that bled! She really didn't even fret!

Darlene came over and got some things for Mother's Day Out and we had a nice visit. Then we headed to Peyton's parents' house to drop something off and rounded out our grocery day by hitting Kroger and Walmart for a few things. I put up the groceries and was about to make supper but I was SO tired. Peyton cooked chocolate chip cookies and those were predominately our supper (BAD PEYTON AND SD!). I read my Bible and went to bed.

We got up early on Tuesday for MDO. The morning went by fast and was uneventful. When we got home I fed AP lunch and did dishes and laundry.
Annie took a nap and I wasted the whole thing on the computer, reading blogs and spending a little too much time on eBay. When she woke up, she helped me put up laundry and then we went over to my parents' house to drop something off. AP decided she wanted in her book bin!

We had a nice visit and I got some much needed rest. When we got home I put AP to bed and then worked on a blog post. I straightened the house, clipped coupons, and watched My So Called Life. I made this REALLY good spinach and cheese pasta that I found on Alison's blog. We ate when Peyton got home and hung out for a little while and then I did my daily Bible reading and went to bed.

Ann Peyton woke up at 8:00 on Wednesday morning, but Peyton was so sweet and let me sleep for almost another hour and then brought her in the room and we snuggled and watched Sesame Street YouTube videos in the bed.
We all three thought it was so much fun!

Peyton had a meeting so I got up and AP and I both had baths and got ready. We put up laundry and then I fed her lunch and did the dishes. Then it was naptime. I put her in her crib around 12ish and I went in to get her at 4:00. I have decided that she consistently takes a two hour nap, but sometimes plays by herself for multiple hours, because she was standing up talking to her bunny when I went to get her up! It works for me! She has gotten super attached to her bunny, Flopsy, though and wants him to go everywhere with her. We usually tell her to "throw him back in the bed" and do the same with the paci, but lately she's been wanting more of both. I don't care as much about Flopsy as the paci, but Peyton says I'm enabling her by letting her become too attached. WHATEVS! SHE'S A BABY! Anyway, I had a blanket and I think it's cute. During her nap, I got a few things done like straightening the house, dusting, and sweeping and dry mopping the hardwood floors. I got on the computer for a bit and then I felt kind of sick. Then I was sick. UGH. I was glad to have a few minutes to lie down before she got up. When she got up we played and I folded clothes. I fed her supper and did my Bible Study homework while she ate. We went to church and when we got home Annie went to sleep. I read my Bible and some interesting commentary and then straightened the house, tried on a bunch of jeans to see what still fit, and got on the computer. I stayed up entirely too late (midnight) hanging out and talking to Peyton when he got home.

Thursday was a little rough due to my late night. I was exhausted Thursday morning, but we made it to "school" fine. Thursday was also a rough day at MDO. Everyone was just so fussy for some reason! When we got home, I fed Annie lunch, did dishes and talked to Peyton. We put her down for a nap and snuggled on the couch and watched TV. I woke up around 2:00 and he had left for work. I set an alarm so I wouldn't miss our play date with Carrie and then went back to sleep. I woke up and got ready and did a few things around the house like spraying off the plunger with a hose (yes, I need my plunger to be clean!) and starting to clean our bathroom. Then I got Ann Peyton ready and we left.

We met Carrie and the Howie children for a little snack at Berry Berry Good, a fun little yogurt shop. We had fun time and Aubrey and Annie had a great time, too! We went by Kroger to pick up a few things and then my sister called to ask us to have dinner with them so we went over to my parents' house. We had a nice visit and ate hot dogs. When we got home, I put Annie to bed and straightened the house, organized some piles, finished cleaning the bathrooms, and swept and mopped the tile and laminate floors. I did my Bible study and then read blogs and wrote a blog post. Whew! Peyton got home late because he hung out with his brother after work. I stayed up late again and we talked a little when he got home and then went to bed.

Friday was the day I was supposed to cook the bread for 160 Brandon High School football players. It ended up really not being that bad! Annie woke up before 8:00, but Peyton got up and played with her and let me sleep for another hour. When I got up we all had a relaxing morning and then Annie and I had a bath. I put her down for her nap around noon and got to work on the bread. It only took about two hours. It was just pieces of Texas Toast and I cooked them on cookie sheets. It only took five minutes per sheet, so there wasn't much time to do anything but take them off the pan, package them, and put the new ones on before the timer went off again. I used two cookie sheets and it made it go pretty fast.
Lotsa bread!

After I finished I let AP sleep until the last minute and then we left to deliver the bread. We got caught behind a train and pulled into the church parking lot just as the buses carrying the football players pulled up. Ahh, barely made it! When we got home, I folded laundry and emptied the dishwasher and AP had a late lunch. We left early for my parents (around fiveish) and stopped by the Gap (I didn't find anything) and got gas.

We had fun at my parents' house and my mom showed me some of the things she's already gotten AP for Christmas (that's where I get buying her presents so early; Momma always did it that way!). We went with her to the grocery store to pick up something she forgot and then AP ate her Beans and had a bath. She played with Minnie while I ate my supper and then we came home. I put her to bed and worked on a post and then Peyton got home and chatted a little and then went to sleep.
playing dress up in Minnie's glasses

On Saturday, Peyton had to be at work at 9:00, so I woke up with AP around 8:00. I am going to HAVE to figure out something new because I really don't like dozing off on the couch while she's awake. I think next week I'm going to try making myself a real breakfast (I've been way less sick this week), turning on a TV show I like or going through my Reader like Peyton does and maybe having something like a load of clean laundry waiting. I just need to do something that will get me going!

Anyway, Annie played and ate breakfast while I watched TV/dozed on the couch for about an hour and then we took a bath and got ready for the day. She played some more and I got out more of her Fall clothes and put up the last of the Summery ones. We both had lunch and I tried to eat something a little healthy (turkey, baby tomatoes, and corn) and then I got her dressed and took her eighteen month pics with PigPig. I put her down for a nap and worked on her birthday post and did other stuff on the computer. I actually started working on my Fall header for the blog and that took awhile.

When AP woke up, I finished up what I was doing while she had a cup of milk and then we watered some fall flowers that Peyton planted around the mailbox, put up laundry, shared a plate of Bagel Bites, and played a little. She is so funny these day! I put some lipgloss on her and she LOVED it. She also has a new favorite game where I tuck her in our bed under the covers, like a "big person" and she laughs and laughs. I told that's how she'll sleep when she's a big sister! I worked some MORE on her closet changeover. I got down her box of "accessories" and figured out what we'd need this Winter. I still have to box up all her summer stuff that I know won't fit next summer, but I got the bulk of it finished!
[Yes, I store her hats, diaper covers, ect. for the future in a Tiffany's box a wedding gift came in. Because I love it.]

We watched a little TV and played until Peyton got home and then he played with Annie and we fed her supper and put her to bed. I cooked chilli for supper, finished Ann Peyton's eighteen month post, cleaned up the kitchen, and went to bed.

Peyton had to go in early to work today (Sunday) so AP and I got ready and went to Sunday School and church alone. The Sunday School lesson was really good and it was World Communion Sunday this week.

When we got home, I fed AP lunch, started some laundry and the dishwasher, and put her down for a nap. She took a long nap and I ate lunch, got on the computer, and rested myself. When she woke up we did stuff around the house like laundry and watering the plants. She got SUPER fussy about an hour before Peyton got home.
She's wearing the adorable top my sweet blog friend, Amy sent her. I just happened to have leggings that matched almost perfectly! Also, Peyton noticed that Snuggle Frog coordinates, too. That was not planned. Finally, Amy, I'm a little insecure about one thing about this outfit. Notice what she's wearing WITH SOCKS??? Ha!

When he get home, we got ready and went over to my parents' house to visit with Cookie and her boyfriend. We picked up pizza on the way. We stayed pretty late and when we got home we put AP straight to bed. I finished this post, straightened a little, read my Bible and went to bed.

Peyton has all week off after tomorrow! If he doesn't use his holidays by January, he looses them, so he took off a few days before our Chicago trip and a few days after! Yay! I am going to try to get most of my housework done tomorrow and then try to tackle the majority of my closet changeover, plus we have a few things to do to get ready for the trip!


Amy said...

oh my gosh! ap looks ADORABLE in her big sister shirt - the leggings are perfect! And, we bought the same shoes at target in a bigger size just so we could wear them WITH socks :) (even better, they were on clearance for 3.25!!)
love the new fall header on your blog...and finally, look at you mrs. betty crocker! all that cooking on top of being preggo, sick, and exhausted?!?! you're my hero :)

Alison said...

glad you liked the recipe!