Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekly Happenings Post #84 (October 18-24)-- She Was a Napping Queen, Young and Sweet

Um, that would be me, not Ann Peyton that was the napping queen this week. Ann Peyton always naps great, but this week, I definitely did, too!

Monday started off great! Ann Peyton slept until almost 9:00. I had really resigned myself to the fact that regardless of when we put her to bed, 7:00 was her new wake up time. Not bad, but not ideal. Well, I was super excited to get to sleep so late! After she woke up, we had a really laid back morning. We read books, watched The View, ate breakfast and folded about three loads of laundry. We had a bath and then we worked on my closet changeover. I still have to get Peyton to help me take the boxes to the attic, but it's done. Whew! I'm so impressed with myself because I got it done so much faster than I ever have since I've lived here, and while being pregnant with an active toddler. I think the boxes were just driving me crazy, so I couldn't procrastinate. AP will be sad to see the tubs go, though. She loves climbing on them and playing in them. Anyway, after that, I put up all that laundry and then it was time for Annie's lunch and nap.

She took a long nap (she slept for three hours and then played for about twenty minutes) and I tried to be productive. I ate lunch and then watched 90210 while I folded laundry. I've been slacking and we had a huge buildup of it! After that, I straighten the house a little, scrubbed the kitchen counters, swept and mopped the tile and laminate floors, and did part of my daily Bible reading. When AP woke up, we played and I clipped coupons and then Peyton got home and we went for a walk. After our walk we went to the grocery store together and then it was bedtime for Ann Peyton. I cooked supper while Peyton went for a run. He started running again after the marathon and I have to say I'm kind of jealous. Everyone I know is trying to run (at the very least) a 5K. It's NOT something I'm going to undertake at this point, though. Peyton's been bugging me about it and I finally gave in and told him that yes, a part of me would like to do it, but AFTER the baby comes. Ha! We had tacos for supper and I straightened the house and got on the computer. I cleaned up the kitchen, read my Bible and went to bed.

Peyton got up super early because he was working in Meridian on Tuesday. So, we had to get ready for Mother's Day Out by ourselves. Boo! It was okay, though, and we made it on time. We had a nice day at school and when we got home I fed Annie lunch and we played a little and recorded a quick video and then it was nap time. She slept horribly. It took her forever to fall asleep and then she woke up about forty minutes later with a dirty diaper. I know I shouldn't complain, because for some kids her age that's a normal (or good) nap, but Annie (not just me!) requires a lot of sleep and if she doesn't get it, she's a grump! During her little cat nap, I did manage to eat lunch, watch most of an episode of 90210 (I'm behind!), and order her rocker for Christmas. When she woke up, she was not in the best mood, but we did the best we could playing and reading books until Peyton got home. She also helped me do some dishes and "make" cookies (Slice-and-bake) for the Ultreya meeting that night and then I fed her supper. I debated not even going to the meeting, since she was so cranky, but we went ahead and decided to go. It was a pretty long, but interesting program about the Cursillo movement in Kenya (called Washa), but AP did fine the whole time in the nursery. Maybe she just needed a change of scenery! When we got home, I had a little bit of computer time and went to bed pretty early.

I got these footies recently and I'm obsessed. I love the little back flap. I could just eat her up!

On Wednesday, I woke up as Peyton was getting ready for work and I felt so sick. I was so happy for the past few days and really thought that the nausea was behind me. I threw up and threw up and threw up. It was awful. Ann Peyton woke up around 8:00 and she was so sweet and snuggled in bed with me for about thirty minutes. We moved into the living room and had breakfast, watched the Today Show, and read books and snuggled some more. I told Peyton later how sweet and cuddley she was being. His response? "Well, I hope she isn't getting sick. You know she always acts that way when she has an ear infection". Gee, thanks. How about she was just feeling bad from sympathy symptoms? Haha! After that we went in her room and I hung up and organized some clothes and took pictures for the next Babykin Boutique post. We had a bath and I fed her lunch and then put her down for a nap. She took a fabulous nap (I put her down at 1:30 and got her up at 4:30!) During her nap, I ate lunch, wrote a blog post, and took a little nap myself. Then I got ready for Bible Study. Peyton decided not to go because he's missed so much, so he and AP stayed home while I went. I put Annie to bed when I got home and hopped on the computer for a few minutes and then went to bed.Seriously, I don't think I made my bed one day this week, I just "straightened" it like this. My mom used to make us get out of the bed when we were sick and she'd straighten it and it always felt SO much better after that!

Thursday was an interesting day at MDO. Darlene, the director, was out of town, so I was in charge again. Not a huge deal, but it was a big day because we had people from a local painting place coming to paint ornaments with the kids (basically a handprint). It was a bit confusing getting the forms together and making sure everyone was making the right thing and the right number of things, but I think it went fine! It was one little boy's birthday and he brought cupcakes, so we all really enjoyed snack time. From the looks of things, Annie enjoyed it the most- she was COVERED in icing. We stayed and helped through lunch and of course, AP devoured her pizza, as well.

When we got home, I put Ann Peyton down for her nap. It took her a long time to get to sleep (almost an hour), but then she slept for two hours. Last year, her best naps were on MDO days (she took two then), but this year it's the reverse. She has such a hard time getting herself to sleep and then she wakes up some during her nap, too. I think she's just "hyped up" from all the activity. Anyway, I read a few blogs, but then I took a nap myself. I wasn't even that tired, but I had such a bad headache my eye was twitching and nothing was helping. When she woke up we played until Peyton got home and then, get this, I took ANOTHER nap. Peyton left to go take his youngest brother driving (Peyton's teaching him) and AP and I played and folded laundry. Then I got all the tubs from the closet changeover out into the hall and vacuumed the bedrooms and study with the big vacuum. Peyton knows I hate it and he was so sweet and said he'd finish when he got home, but AP wanted HIM, so I just finished. We fed AP supper and put her to bed and then Peyton and I got the tubs to the attic and I organized up there a little. We had supper (I had oatmeal and Peyton had leftovers) and then I got on the computer and did my daily Bible reading. I have been majorly slacking this week! I think I kind of got out of the habit in Chicago, but I need to do so much better. I used to never miss a day, but now even on good weeks, I usually don't read every day. That's my major goal for next week is to be more diligent in my quiet time! I didn't sleep very well, maybe because of all my napping, and I was up off and on all night long.

On Friday, AP woke up at 8:00 and we snuggled for about half an hour and then I got to work! I wanted to do a little tidying/cleaning because Carrie and the two little Howies were coming over for lunch. Um, I don't know where the early morning burst of energy came from (or if I've ever had one before), especially in light of the previous night's sleep, but I got sort of carried away. I swept and dry mopped the wood floors before AP could throw her toys all over the place and then I cleaned the bathrooms. Only I found a really gross ring at the very top of both toilets, under the rim where you can't even see, and decided to clean it with a toothbrush! After that, we had breakfast, and I straightened up piles and dusted and then put AP's high chair cover in the wash and deep cleaned the high chair. We took a bath and got ready and then then Carrie and the kiddos arrived.

We had Backyard Burger for lunch and AP was a little more chill than she was last week at the restaurant. Well, at least at first. Toward the end, I think both girls got a little tired and had a hard time sharing. They got into two PHYSICAL fights. Of course, we were right there so nothing happened, but there was some pushing, shoving, and scratching going on on both sides. Carrie told me she hadn't imagined AP would be so "feisty". Sometimes, I get a little sad thinking my sweet baby girl is gone, but Carrie pointed out that it was good she wasn't a push over. And, it is! Hopefully, she'll be confident enough to fight the boys off the way she was fighting Aubrey for her baby doll! I'm pretty sure it's being the youngest in the room this year at Mother's Day Out. She was the youngest for awhile last year, but she was still crawling and didn't really do too much interacting with the walkers. This year is a different story. When I lifeguarded in high school, I was BY FAR the meanest lifeguard, and all the other guards would joke that I had "little girl syndrome". But I had to be strict, because a lot of those twelve year old boys were bigger than me! I think it's the same principle with Ann Peyton.

After Carrie left, I fed AP the part of her lunch she didn't eat and then put her down for a nap. She slept great and Peyton got home before she woke up. Y'all, the SAHM frump is bad because he asked me how long Carrie had been gone and I told him about an hour and asked why. "Because you're still wearing CLOTHES!" As opposed to pajamas, yoga pants, sweats, and other various and sundry forms of loungewear. OUCH. Anyway, we talked a little and then we got into an argument because he told me he has an important meeting the day of my OB appointment next week. It's really not that big of a deal, but I scheduled it to accommodate his schedule and he totally forgot about it. Anyway, I'm SUPER hormonal and ended up crying, which led to the inevitable headache. I took a nap and when AP woke up we played with her until it was time to go to my parents' for Red Beans and Rice. We headed over there and AP had the best time running around and playing with them. We had supper and then I fell asleep and we didn't end up leaving until 10:00. We put Ann Peyton to bed when we got home and chatted a little bit and went to bed ourselves.

Peyton worked on Saturday and AP woke up at 7:30, in spite of her late bedtime the night before. We had a nice slow morning and I didn't really do much except starting some laundry and washing dishes. We had a bath and I fed her lunch and she was down for her nap by 11:30. I got on the computer, had lunch, and watched an episode of 90210. Then I decided it was time to be productive, so I fixed some butter beans for AP's meals during the week and made spinach and cheese stuffed manicotti for our supper tonight (Peyton told me last time that he likes it BETTER as leftovers and I don't mind and since we had something to do tonight, I decided to just go ahead and make it). I finally woke AP up at 3:30. I guess that late night on Friday did affect her after all! Every time she naps great now, I think "there is NO way I'll luck out like this again"! Ha!

After she woke up, we headed to my parents' house because I forgot to look at some things my mom wanted me to see on Friday. We had a fun, short little visit and then came home and got ready for a Halloween party that a pharmacy friend of Peyton's was having. Peyton got home and we had a little of the manicotti and then went to the party. Ann Peyton looked ADORABLE in her Halloween costume! It was fun and I definitely enjoyed the party food, as did AP. She had a few chips!

The big reveal: Annie was a STRAWBERRY! [What is Papa doing???]

When we got home, we put her to bed and talked and read our Bibles together and then went to bed.

Today (Sunday) was a nice, relaxing day. Peyton made cinnamon rolls and we went to Sunday School and to the late service and then came home and had lunch and naps. Seriously, it was such a nice, lazy Sunday! We went to evening church and our associate pastor, Daniel, preached an amazing sermon about faith being a "fashion". He talked about how he thought that our generation (he is about my age) would be the first in some time to see Christianity fall out of fashion and how our being active in our faith should be something that we do not just because it's the cool thing to do. After that, we met my parents and Cookie at Cook of the Walk (a local catfish place). We had so much fun and the food was great!
Somebody got caught red-handed double fisting her hush puppies!

Now, I'm just working on this post and then I'm going to read my Bible, do dishes and put in a load of laundry and go to bed!

Next week we have a pretty busy week. I have an OB appointment and AP has her 18 month well baby visit and I'm hoping to squeeze in a hair cut/color, too!


The Niemeyer Nest said...

What a cute strawberry! I love it. You are showing more this week than last week. I can tell a big difference - that's so exciting. I love those PJ's too. Evie needs some new pj's badly. I am slacking in the house department too and would do so better if I'd turn the computer off!

Meghan said...

I never comment but I had to on this post. The frumptastic and dirty ring on the toilet comment had me laughing! That is something that I would do. Even though you can't see it I would still have to clean it. I just love how "real" you are on your blog. I enjoy reading your blog because of that!