Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday



I know it's been FOREVER since I've done WYRTMW. I decided I'd take August off because I was doing the 30 Day Blog Journal, and then I just kind of forgot about it/had a bunch of other posts I wanted to write. Well, it's back, but I'm not sure I'll be doing it EVERY Wednesday. I think it might be more fun that way!

This week I thought I'd share a fun book that Ann Peyton is obsessed with right now. It's really neat how all of a sudden she has very distinct favorite books. She's always preferred certain ones, but now she has a few favorites that she wants us to read to her like a million times a day. This week's book is really timely, actually....
Spot at the Fair
by Eric Hill

This was another one of those books that I couldn't even find for sale on Amazon (or anywhere). It was ours when we were little and it's pretty dingy looking. Don't they always pick those for their favorites? Ha!

The book is really cute, but the reason why Ann Peyton loves it (I think) is because of all the different "fair noises". She loves to help us read the story!

Here we are reading it:


I'm not going to put up a MckLinky anymore, but if you'd ever like to participate, leave a comment!

3 comments:

The Taffs said...

I'm new to your blog, but what kinds off things did you read to AP when she was an infant? My son is 8 weeks today, and we just read whatever he's got. I know he's a little young to be into it, but I just want him to grow up being read to! : )

Alison said...

She is sooo cute!

The Taffs said...

Thanks for the ideas, Sarah (my name is Rebecca, by the way)! I've been looking for a good storybook Bible, I'll have to look at that one.


How funny about our cats! Our kitty is named after my favorite teacher and we call her Lee for short, but then it just kind of changed into The General.