Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Babykins #2- Eighteen Weeks

18 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 18 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is about five and a half inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost seven ounces. Babykins #2 is flexing his or her arms and legs now!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained about four pounds. At this point, I should start putting on a pound a week. Like I said, we don't have an accurate digital scale, so I'll give an update after our next appointment in two weeks!
Maternity Clothes: None yet, but I was thinking I might get them down from the attic this week since I have to make a trip anyway.
Gender: Honestly, this week has been the first time I've actually had a "feeling". I hate to even put it down because I know it makes it sound like we're set on the baby being a girl, but that's my guess. I honestly think it's just because I can't picture myself as a "boy momma". I'm not worried, though, this time two years ago I couldn't picture myself as a momma, period!
Movement: I have felt the baby move some more this week, but it's still not super frequent. I love it!
Sleep: It's okay; I feel like I'm waking up a lot for this point in the pregnancy. I'm already waking up a few times to go to the bathroom and I know that will just get worse!
What I miss: I'm going to put it out there. And I'm going to be pretty transparent here, too, so don't read if TMI upsets you. I really would like a glass of wine. I like the taste, but really I'd prefer a Coke if that's all we're talking about. The main reason is that it just relaxes me and that really helps with the um, romance. Ahem.
Cravings: I'm still loving the Eggos. I've also been eating a lot of salads this week, which makes me proud of myself!
Symptoms: I THINK the morning sickness is completely gone. The main symptom now is just tiredness and a little bit of back pain.
Best Moment This Week: hearing Ann Peyton say "baby" for the first time. It was adorable!
What I Am Looking Forward To: watching all of Annie's interactions with her brother or sister.

We're almost half way there!

6 comments:

Alison said...

looking cute as always!

The Taffs said...

Can't wait to hear if baby will be little brother or little sister!

Amy said...

So cute! Love your honesty ;)

J. Henry said...

Sweet post! I see you being a girl momma too. :)

I laughed out loud at your reasons for wine! I need to try that!

Rachel said...

you are so cute! i love your belly posts!!

Katie Smith said...

you look wonderful - radiant! glad to hear you are feeling better and not so sick these days.