Friday, November 19, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Laundry Rooms

[My laundry room really hasn't changed at all since last year, so this is basically a repost of an old post.]

So this week Kelly (the button wouldn't work this week) is having us show our laundry rooms, playrooms, or bonus rooms. Out of these the only one I qualify for is the laundry room, haha! So here are some shots of my lovely laundry room


The main attraction:
Our washer and dryer were so old (they were Peyton's sisters husbands and I think they were someone else's before that)! They really were probably close to twenty years old. I had to dry everything twice the dryer was so bad. So, we needed a new washer and dryer anyway and when my green freak environmentally conscious husband suggested we do cloth diapering, I saw a great deal to be made! Yes, I bargained and got these great appliances by agreeing to use reusable diapers. It really isn't as bad as it sounds and I've started to believe in it more myself...but that's a post in itself. The front loaders work great with homemade laundry detergent, too! I sound like a hippie, haha!


This is where the cloth diapers go. We use the "dry pail" method. This thing is really made for disposables, but it serves it's purpose nicely (it was given to us). I've actually moved this to over beside the dryer to make more room.


These brightly colored accessories were in mine and Logan's dorm room. I use the hangers for clothes that I don't want to dry in the machine and the magnetic strips hold reminders of doctor's appointments, showers, ect.

The clock is another thing from the dorm room collection. I saved it to use in AP's room one day, but for now it's fun to brighten up the laundry room. This picture also shows our laundry baskets and Ann Peyton's high chair, which she is obviously not using yet, but I insisted we go ahead and get because it was so cute and such a good deal. Funny that it matches the laundry baskets. Also, another little decorative item (the blue and green box) that I couldn't use anywhere else.
Another picture I didn't have room for anywhere else and a table for laundry.

This is Darth and General's eating station (like their rug?) and the middle shelf is where Peyton composts. OH MY GOSH, this room makes us look like such tree huggers. I don't seem like one in real life, I promise! I love air conditioners and SVUs and bottled water; I am so not "back to nature"!

Some fun summer stuff from Target, Christmas china, ice buckets, and outdoor tablecloths.
Recycling--I hope he's embarrassed I put it on the blog; it really needs to be taken care of! Just kidding, honey!

Bulletin board that I'm planning on painting and adding little quotes and things to--I'll post a picture when I finish it. I'm about half way finished with that, ha!

This is a list of my daily/weekly/monthly goals from my 101 in 1001 goals list. I was rewriting every week, but it made more sense to just write them once and erase the tally marks, so I laminated a piece of paper and use a dry erase marker. I've actually moved this list into the study.

This was an entertainment center, but now I use it to organize cleaning supplies, food, and for our microwave. It's way more crowded!

Door to the backyard and General and Darth's door.

My apron collection--I absolutely LOVE aprons. They (somewhat) motivate me to cook!

My new Orla Kiely tray I just got from Target. It's very retro!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

girl you don't even KNOW how often I talk to Danny about cloth diapering. I'm dead-set on doing it!! When we have kids I'll definitely be coming to your for tips! :)

Meghan said...

I hope that you one day you do a post on your methods to cloth diapers. I am interested in doing it one day but I have no clue where to even start. Like how to handle all the really "dirty" diapers!

kelly, said...

That "green freak" comment really cracked me up. The washer/dryer set is great and front loaders are really the way to go. I should have done the cloth diapers like a friend of mine did!!!

Rona's Home Page said...

I love your machines.
Kudos for making the choice to do cloth diapers. When our son was born I was living in Sourthern Maine and cloth diapers were very popular.