Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Babykins #2- Twenty Five Weeks

25 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 25 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is about thirteen and a half inches and weighs in at about half a pound (the size of an average rutabagga)! His skin is smoothing out and he's probably growing hair!Total Weight Gain/Loss: wait for it....ten pounds. I definitely had not put on that much at this point with AP. Evidenced by my sis who said "you've gotten pretty big" and when I responded with "yes, remember, I'm pregnant, I'm supposed to be getting bigger" her follow up was "um...that big??"
Maternity Clothes:
I finally located my BellaBand thing from last time that I never really got much use out of because I bought it so close to the end. Here are my thoughts on it:
1. I don't feel like it slips around as much as maternity jeans with a panel. That's why I really liked my jeans from the very end last time that are currently still too baggy- they just had elastic instead of a panel.
2. My regular jeans do LOOK a lot better on me than the baggy ones from the end and the ones that have been (so sweetly) handed down to me from friends. They just fit better at this point, but I'm pretty sure they won't go over my hips before long and I'll be ready for the others!
3. The BellaBand in nice because it's white, so if it shows a little bit it doesn't seem as weird to me as a panel showing, because it just looks like a tank top peaking out. That said...
4. Honestly, the baggy jeans and the ones I have to hike up all the time are a little more comfortable than this set up. I feel like there's just some much going on with this system and it's obviously tighter since it a) doesn't fall down and b) keeps my unbuttoned/unzipped jeans up.
Gender: It's a boy! Hopefully the name reveal will be coming soon.
Movement: He hops around a ton and Peyton has really enjoyed feeling him kick. He told me the other night that he didn't think it was fair that I got to have him inside me and feel him all day. I thought it was sorta sweet. And sorta corny. ;)
Sleep: It's really not much of a problem as long as I enforce a normal bedtime for myself.
What I miss: I'm already starting to just not be as comfortable, in general and I just kind of miss feeling "normal"- not being hyper sensitive about everything, not having back pain from a short walk, not having indigestion from a cracker, ect.
Cravings: Nothing real specific this week!
Symptoms: Same old, same old- tired and emotional and I have terribly dry skin. Also, the aforementioned back pain and indigestion.
Best Moment This Week: Celebrating Christmas and dreaming of doing it next year with two little ones!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Enjoying having the week of from MDO and having little else to do!

No comments: