Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Babykins #2- Twenty Four Weeks

24 Weeks
I actually don't look as big in this picture as I did in last week's but it's only an illusion. Also, I'm glad my "rollover" day falls on an MDO day, or you'd be seeing a lot more pics like this of me in sweats in and a t-shirt!

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 24 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is almost a foot long and just over a pound (think of an ear of corn)! Clearly, he's pretty skinny, but he'll start packing on the chub soon. His brain is growing quickly and his taste buds are starting to develop more.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'll find out at my doctor's appointment tomorrow, but it feels like a lot!
Maternity Clothes: My mom took me shopping for a few things last week and I feel a lot better abut myself, ha!
Gender: It's a boy AND....I think we've finally settled on a name, but we're not one hundred percent sure.
Movement: He's moving around like crazy a lot of the day now; I hope he doesn't end up as hyper as the "big boy" at our house [Papa Peyton].
Sleep: I think it's actually gotten better over the last couple of weeks. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
What I miss: Well, I let the cat out of the bag on that one last week. An update on the anxiety front: Someone asked in the comments of my weekly happenings post about trying some kind of counseling, which I thought was a great suggestion! I actually did do this for a while in college and I think it really helped me. I saw a guy on campus and he was GREAT! When I graduated, I felt like I really didn't need it anymore, so I didn't really look into finding someone else. However, after I had AP it got bad again and I emailed the guy for a recommendation. He told me someone that he thought would work really well, but things were so busy with a newborn and I was kind of tired and overwhelmed and just couldn't imagine adding another thing to my week. I guess my hormones leveled out because things got easier and I just never made it a priority, which was WRONG, because there are few things more important that a person's emotional health. Anyway, since then it's kind of come in spurts and they just haven't been long enough for me to get to the point of thinking about pursuing anything like this. But, I think it's a great suggestion and I'm sure I'll be looking into it. Also, Kari, I'd love to know which Kari you are from high school. I'm sure I do remember you and I'm always curious to know who is reading my blog!
Cravings: I've always been a soup and salad kinda girl, but lately I've found a few sandwiches I really LOVE. Anything with lots of melted cheese. Yum!
Symptoms: same old, same old- tired and emotional and I have terribly dry skin.
Best Moment This Week: Well, there were two really sweet moments this week. First, Peyton felt the baby move for the first time and he was SO excited and second, AP pointed to my tummy and then put her hand on it and without prompting said "baby". Adorbs.
What I Am Looking Forward To: I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and they have to do another sonogram since they couldn't get a good look at his spine last time. It's always so fun to see Baby Brother!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think counseling is a great idea, especially since you're wanting to wait until after Brother is born to get back on medicine if you still think it may be needed. I graduated from the marriage and family therapy program at RTS. If you're looking for a very affordable place to go, check them out. The number is 601-923-1645. You'll see a student therapist, but the students work really closely with the professors, so you should still have a good experience there. I also know several other places if you'd rather see a licensed therapist. I also wanted to say that there are some techniques you could try to help calm you when the anxiety gets bad. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kari said...

I didn't mean to leave you hanging! I'm Kari G and was a year ahead of you. I was in the band. Maybe you remember me being friends with Allison M, Brittany and Beth Ann to name a few. I don't think we ever hung out per se, but I know you came and ate lunch with us a few times. I don't want to give out too many personal identifiers but maybe that will clear it up. haha.