Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Babykins #2- Twenty Three Weeks

23 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 23 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is over eleven inches long and weights about as much as a large mango, which is around one pound! He's starting to hear things better and the blood vessels in his lungs are developing so he'll be ready to breath on his own. Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure, but I've definitely gotten a lot bigger!
Maternity Clothes: I'm having a lot harder time than I was at this point with Ann Peyton. I feel SO much bigger. I also need a different kind of clothes. Last time, I was working two days a week, too, but I was doing After School Care with first graders and I didn't really have to be on the floor, so I wore a lot of dresses. At MDO, I'm on the floor a good bit with the babies and I'm not graceful when I'm not pregnant, so I'd be flashing people left and right these days! My mom and I went shopping yesterday and I got some cute tops that aren't maternity, but are big and loose. I still haven't found the time/energy to go hunt for the BellaBand in the attic, so I'm either wearing sweat pants, my jeggings, or the redic baggy trouser style maternity pants from the very end of round one.
Gender: It's a BOY! A third name entered the running this week, so we're even more undecided. Such an important decision, you know?
Movement: He's pretty active, especially when I'm still!
Sleep: I think it's actually gotten better over the last couple of weeks. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
What I miss: I KNOW it's shallow, and I KNOW I say this every other week, but I really miss the ease of having a lot more options of what to wear and feeling cute in my clothes.
Cravings: Slice and Bake cookies- I eat them up before they're even cool!
Symptoms: same old, same old- tired and emotional and I have terribly dry skin.
Best Moment This Week: [This makes me want to cry.] Ann Peyton's new favorite book is called Baby Dear. It was written circa 1962 and it's a Little Golden Book that my mom read to me when she was expecting my sister. It's all about a little girl who becomes a big sister and gets a baby doll named "Baby Dear". Ann Peyton just picks things to get attached to; I really did not push it. But she LOVES this book. We read it seriously three times in a forty five minute period last night! I can't wait to see her as a big sister.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Next week is kind of a big deal. We have a doctor's appointment and I'm also excited about reaching viability. We're certainly not ready for Brother to make his appearance anytime soon, but it's a nice milestone to reach.

9 comments:

ariel said...

I love these baby/pregnancy updates! I'm a young newlywed not anywhere NEAR having a baby, but as a woman I'm curious nonetheless. These are great posts for a girl like me, as the very thought of pregnancy kind of confounds me =) Love the blog!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I'm so excited for you and your family! I love your dress!

Meghan said...

Oh my word I had crazy dry skin up until last week.I was itching and scratching all over. I went out and bought Aveeno skin relief body wash and body lotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Active-Naturals-18-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001E96LBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292401131&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Naturals-Moisturizing-Soothing-18-Ounce/dp/B001E96LCM/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1292401165&sr=1-2

and I don't know how I have lived without it all my life. I used it once and it helped sooooo much. I love it! I wanted to mention it to you since you said you have been having dry skin. I think you can find it pretty much at any local store.

By the way you I love your dress.

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love your dress too!

Sarah Broadus said...

you look pregnant! SO CUTE!!!!!! I can't wait to see that sweet baby boy!

Carrie said...

I love that you're "so big." Even though you're totally not. You do finally look pregnant, though, and it looks SO good on you! :) Can't wait to hear name option #3!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, are you hiding a basketball under there!?! I've seen you in person and you so don't look this pregnant :)))

Sarah Denley said...

Anon, who are you?? So curious. And yes, I've BLOWN UP in the last week or so!

Anonymous said...

"blown up"?!! Silly, silly :)) The camera must have added a few lbs :)