Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Babykins #2- Twenty Six Weeks

26 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 26 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is about the length of an "English hothouse cucumber" (what???) at fourteen inches and weights about one and two thirds pounds (I said last week he was half a pound; he was actually a pound AND a half)! His nerves are developing so he is starting to hear things better!Total Weight Gain/Loss: About ten pounds.
Maternity Clothes:
I have spent lots of my time this past week in pajama pants and sweat pants. Going back to work two days a week will be good for making me get dressed. Ha!
Movement: He moves around a lot; I think much more than Annie did (?)
Gender: It's a boy! Name coming soon...I promise!
Sleep: It's really not much of a problem as long as I enforce a normal bedtime for myself.
What I miss: Being able to eat normal things (like chocolate chip cookies) without heartburn!
Cravings: Honestly, I haven't been as hungry this week. I think I just have less of an appetite because my sinus problems are making everything taste gross.
Symptoms: Mainly this week the worst has been indigestion- I think chocolate bothers me more than spicy stuff. I've also been having trouble catching my breath, but I'm thinking (hoping) that's sinus related, too.
Best Moment This Week: Just thinking on all the excitement 2011 will bring!
What I Am Looking Forward To: SMELLING him. Ha! Two of my BFFs were talking on Twitter yesterday about newborn baby smells and ohmigosh, can NOT wait for that!

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

You look darling! Cute NY's photo of the three of you. My youngest has been a ballet nut lately! I can't get her out of a tutu hardly! :) The kitchen is so cute!! We got one for our oldest's 4th birthday; my husband was deployed and I waited until the night before to put it together. I almost hauled that thing to the duty desk at the squadron for some poor airman to put together, but I did it! :) We are especially fond of Melissa and Doug food!

Sarah @ Picture Window said...

You look wonderful! I love when petite women just stay their tiny little selves, but with a big baby belly :). And that newborn smell? Love it. My daughter's almost two and I still smell her constantly. It probably drives her nuts!

And, thanks for your nice comment on my blog the other day.

Carrie said...

An English hothouse cucumber is also known as a seedless cucumber. They are a little longer than normal cucumbers. They sell them at Kroger :) Looking so cute!