Friday, January 21, 2011

This Week's Lovely Link List

Here are my favorite links from this week:




    The McNulty Quads: Solar Powered

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:33 PM PST

    I like that Russ picked out a stroller and a baby, just like his three sisters. I'm planning to write a post about all this, but for now: I KNOW boys and girls are fundamentally different and that is a blessing, but it warms my heart to see a little boy at MDO playing "Daddy" with a stroller. I'm glad Graves will have such a good role model in his Papa!

    The Howie House: Life With Two: 6 Months In

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:25 PM PST

    My BFF wrote this. I found it truly FASCINATING since it's a journey we're about to embark on in oh, t minus eleven weeks and three days. But who's counting? Anyway, a riveting read for those of you who are expecting your second. Which seems to be about half my followers. Although, y'all are already Carrie's followers, anyway!

    In the Hospital, I Became "That Mom" | BlogHer

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:21 PM PST

    On being "that mom" and an advocate for your child.

    Just Here to Make You Feel Better | Pioneer Woman Home & Garden | Ree Drummond

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:20 PM PST

    So glad P Dubs shared this photo because it made me feel better about the state of my house. Until I remembered that she lives on ranch. With wild animals. And a cowboy husband. And four children. Whom she homeschools.

    Parenting On the Loose: How a five-year-old taught her mom to chill.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:18 PM PST

    Parenting "On the Loose" is such a beautiful idea- one I struggle to implement.

    Babbling Abby: Target is My Frenemy.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:17 PM PST

    Just a really funny, relatable post.

    Thomas Kinkade Never Painted iPads - Her Bad Mother

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:16 PM PST

    Interesting ideas about why we love the "stuff" we love.

    Miniature — We are THAT Family

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:15 PM PST

    After I read this I prayed that God would help me show Annie (and Graves) that it is okay to enjoy childhood for as long as possibly. I want to be a family where dollhouses, and GI Joes, and legos and baby dolls are things not pushed aside to quickly.

    The Mom Creative: Blog of Jessica Turner: Three Things

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:12 PM PST

    Three things we should all tell our children daily.

    Babbling Abby: Penguin Unit for First Grade

    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:11 PM PST

    This makes me SO excited about teaching again (in my home or in a classroom) one day!

    Cardus - The Joys and Perils of Overlapping Reading

    Posted: 13 Jan 2011 06:57 PM PST

    This was not particularly an EASY read, but it was one of the most fascinating things I've read in a long time. It interested me so because I have always practiced the "overlapping" approach and it's so intriguing how parallels often do seem to occur.

    Let me know if I missed anything good!

    1 comment:

    Amy said...

    three things....no, make that four:

    1. i love your link lists! they have always included posts/blogs that i have never read, but really enjoy!

    2. the post from carrie was one of my faves - it definitely helped ease some of my anxieties.

    3. on being "that mom" - i could so relate. i had an experience like that in the hospital right after libbi was born and i didn't speak up and wish i had. nothing too major, but still...it made me think and feel guilty that i hadn't. if i am too timid to be her advocate before she can speak for herself, then who will???

    4. the "three things" video should have absolutely come with a disclaimer to not watch if you are pregnant and have just recently applied any sort of makeup - mine is completely gone. completely. gone. i'm sure jeffrey will come home from work and wonder why i look like i have been sobbing....um, maybe because I HAVE!

    thanks for sharing!! have a great weekend! :)
    xoxo