Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday


I been wanting to start back doing my little Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday posts, espesially since Annie has recently acquired a plethora of new books. I probably won't do it every Wednesday, but as y'all probably know, I LOVE to read, and I feel like children's literature is such an important part of growing up and helping a child form new ideas and explore his or her feelings.

When I started this series, I mostly focused on books AP and I were currently reading and that is probably the direction I will go again, so most of the books I'll share will probably be developmentally appropriate for an almost two year old. Of course, I did deviate from this model occasionally, when I felt inspired to.

I used to put up a linky EVERY week (because someone asked me to and once I started, stopping felt awkward), but that was just embarrassing. Anyway, if you decide you'd like to participate occasionally, PLEASE leave me a comment and let me know. If there is much interest, I might start the linky back up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around this time last year, for one of my WYRTM?W posts, I just made a concise list of the books Annie received for Christmas. I thought that would be a good place to start back. I'm sure the vast majority will end up with their own detailed post devoted to them throughout the course of 2011!

[Yes, it's a little absurd. She got TWENTY EIGHT books for Christmas.]

From me and Peyton:
Driving My Tractor by Jan Dobbins
Tails by Mathew Van Fleet
http://teacherparentchild.com/Tails_by_Matthew_Van_Fleet.jpg
My New Baby by Rachel Fuller
Best Ever Big Sister Karen Katz
In My Meadow by Sara Gillingham
Ten Tiny Tickles by Karen Katz
Little Blossom by Sandra Magsamen
The Baby Bible Christmas Storybook by Robin Currie
I'm a Baby by Tish Rabe
http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/202304745.jpg
Spot Loves His Mommy by Eric Hill
My Peekaboo Storybook
My Princess Story (A Bathtub Coloring Book)
Old MacDonald's Farm (A Bathtub Coloring Book)
http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/images/uk/products/original/234/8/old-macdonald-s-farm-23408540.jpeg


From the grandparents:
Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
http://www.chroniclebooks.com/images/items/0811846/081184658X/081184658X_norm.jpg
Mary Engelbreit's Silly Mother Goose by Mary Engelbreit
Olivia's Opposites by Ian Falconer
Goodnight Little One by Sandra Magsamen
Give Me Grace: A Child's Daybook of Prayers by Cynthia Rylant
I Like Fruit by Lorena Siminovich
Kitty Tails
http://www.everafterstore.com/media/jellykitten-book-L_KittyTailsBook_Closed.jpg
The Classic Tale of Brer Rabbit
Touch and Feel: Wild Animals
Touch and Feel: Dinosaurs (these last two were really for Graves; but we've let her enjoy them, too!)

From other friends and family:
My LullaBible A to Z Promise Book: Baby's First A to Z Collection of Bible Promises by Stephen Elkins
My First Fairy Tales by Tomie dePaola
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qj7CXjsbWB4/S5nZiX26DfI/AAAAAAAAEzk/KX-A2FaQZKY/s320/fairytales.JPG
The Tale of Jemimi Puddle-Duck by Beatrix Potter
The Story of Christmas by Patricia Pingry
Fairies

I addition to ALL THAT LITERATURE, my sweet sister in law and her family gifted Annie with a subscription to Babybug. It's a cute "magazine" for babies up to three years old and Ann Peyton ADORES it. I'm sure it will end up getting it's own post, as well!

I'd love to hear if any of these happen to be some of y'alls favorites, too!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am going to do this with you again! I loved it and I miss it! I will try to get one up by tonight :)