Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Babykins #2- Thirty One Weeks

31 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is about 15.7 inches long and weighs 3.3 pounds, which is similar to about four naval oranges. He can turn his head from side to side and is about to have a growth spurt!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Sixteen pounds.
Maternity Clothes: It's getting pretty ridiculous. I try to start getting ready super early because I know more likely than not, I will end up trying on about six things and possibly crying and maybe wanting to yank all my hair out. I really didn't feel that way last time, although I don't think I "got dressed" as many days of the week last time, either. Anyway, yes, lots of maternity at this point, mixed in with some regular dresses and a few tops. I really hate it when you can see my belly button (I have an outie and I'm kind of insecure about it, anyway- last time I asked Peyton if we could get Dr. McMinn to "make" Annie's an outie, too, so I wouldn't feel so alone, ha!), but when I'm PG it's obviously really bad. I've been going through band aids like crazy!
Movement: Well, we may already have an ADHD diagnosis waiting for little Graves. I'm just kidding, but Peyton's sister did tell me that his mom said he was incredibly active in utero. I'm not sure I can handle a little Peyton!
Gender: It's a boy! Graves Jackson Herrington.
Sleep: Lately, it's just hard to get comfortable.
What I miss: Not trying on six things before leaving the house.
Cravings: Appetite is back- Graves must be having a growth spurt because I could eat a horse, I feel like and I never stay full for very long. I crave anything I don't have to make/fix for myself.
Symptoms: More heartburn and having to go to the bathroom CONSTANTLY.
Best Moment This Week: When we ask Annie where the baby is now, she often points to her own tummy. It's pretty hilarious. She is SO into books about babies, baby dolls, ect. I hope she likes the real baby that she's getting for her birthday this year just as much!
What I Am Looking Forward To: I'm fixing to have to make myself make a firm decision about the birth, for my own sanity. I'm not saying I'm going to be the person that says "Over my dead body will I have an epidural" at all, but I do feel like I need to decide if a natural birth is seriously something I really want to put effort into and strive for and then spend the next two months getting myself prepared for. As I said, I felt like Dr. McMinn gave me some valuable information at my last appointment, but I have a few follow up questions. I'm sure I'll be posting about it all soon, once I make a firm decision. All that to say, I'm looking forward to having a concrete idea on our plans.

3 comments:

Amy said...

i totally agree with you about the outie during pregnancy....mine is 100 times worse when preg. and i am so self-conscious about it! i can't stand it if you can see it through my shirt! jeffrey thinks i'm crazy for even caring - ha! ;) and, it may sound weird, but i feel like in your picture this week it looks like Graves has "dropped" maybe it's just the angle, but he looks considerably lower than the past few weeks....maybe that's why you've been going to the bathroom so much more, too???

Kristal said...

First of all, you look amazing. You are a seriously cute pregnant woman!! I do remember how frustrating it was to get dressed once I got bigger though. I felt like I'd worn everything 1,648 times and that everything made me look like a tent.

Second, my two cents on your plans for labor: I absolutely agree that you need to decide and move forward from there. I had a natural birth but I would never push that decision on anyone else. I think what's important is that a woman researches the options available, weighs the pros and cons of each option, and makes her decision based on that knowledge and what's best for her. That's exactly what you are doing and I give you huge props for that. That said, I've heard many women say that they don't want to make firm plans for their birth and they don't plan on getting the epi unless that pain gets too bad. 99.9% of those women? They get the epi. Because the pain will get too bad. It's labor. It hurts. Bad. I think to have a successful natural birth, you have to plan ahead, you have to prepare, and you have to be determined. And I also think it's entirely possible to have a plan in place - to have a goal - while still being flexible and going with the flow of labor.

Anyway, good luck on the decision and I look forward to reading more about it!

The Jones' said...

Love the new look to your blog. I know you are nervous and excited all at the same time. And I love the name y'all have chosen.