Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Babykins #2- Thirty Three Weeks


33 Weeks
[No make-up, t-shirt and sweats. Clearly, I have no pride.]

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 33 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 now weighs in at about four pounds (which is the size of an average pineapple) and has passed the seventeen inch mark in length. His skeleton is hardening so he doesn't look as much like a wrinkled little alien (BabyCenter's words, not mine!).
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Seventeen pounds.
Maternity Clothes: I'm come to terms with the fact that every week there is going to be a ton of new stuff that I can't wear. It's just not a slow process anymore. I've also had to get a grip on the belly button thing. I still try to avoid it, and I still wouldn't wear anything super tight like I see some pregnant women do, but at this point if it's mildly noticeable, I sometimes go with it, depending on where we're going. I've had to let go of seeing it as the equivalent of not wearing a padded bra. I hope it stays warm, because I'm thinking I'm about done with jeans and I'm just going to wear dresses for the next seven weeks. I know I said it's impractical at MDO, but I can't stand the thought of buying more maternity clothes at this point in the game.
Movement: All the time, but especially at night.
Gender: It's a boy! Graves Jackson Herrington.
Sleep: I slept good last night, but the two nights before that I was up EVERY HOUR going to the bathroom. I just don't know how I'd do that for two more months. At least I can get back to sleep easily!
What I miss: Getting good sleep consistently.
Cravings: Girl Scout Cookies, but that would be a craving regardless of if I was pregnant or not.
Symptoms: More of the same- heartburn, having to go to the bathroom CONSTANTLY, and y'all: literally feeling my stomach muscles streeeeetching.
Best Moment This Week: Really starting to get excited about him being here soon. It's really not that far away anymore!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Like I said, I'll be doing a more extensive post, but now that I've made a decision, I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) totally different kind of birth this time. I'm not naive; I know it will be the hardest thing I've done up to this point in my life, but in way, I am really looking forward to the experience. I hadn't thought it would be that way- I anticipated that if I decided I wanted to go this route I would honestly have a lot of fear, sadness, and worry over it. I am nervous and it is a little bittersweet since I had such a good experience with Ann Peyton, but I know I probably couldn't replicate that anyway.

1 comment:

Ellis said...

Women without makeup on are really attractive to me. I don't know why I prefer that, but I do. I just revel in the natural look, I guess.

Anyway, if no one else tells you you look pretty in the above photo, I am telling you now.

So!

Have a great day!