Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Babykins #2- Thirty Two Weeks


32 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 weighs 3.75 pounds, which is the size of a large jicama (a what??) and measures 16.7 inches long. He's still going to gain a third to a half of his birth weight, which is pretty scary to me right now! Also, he's got toenails, fingernails and real hair!Total Weight Gain/Loss: Sixteen pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, please. I'm still wearing some regular stuff, but the number of those things is quickly decreasing. Also, no more small t-shirts; I've moved up to mediums and I'm sure I'll be wearing Peyton's larges in a few weeks. [When I'm not PG, a youth large fits the best!]
Movement: Um, yes, he's a very active little boy.
Gender: It's a boy! Graves Jackson Herrington. [Peyton has taken to calling him "Gravey", which is exactly what I feared from bullies. Nothing like having your own Papa one step ahead of the mean kids at school. This is the same Papa who refers to Annie Banani as "The Little Banana". Ha!]
Sleep: Lately, it's just hard to get comfortable.
What I miss: I'm going to be real graphic here and tell y'all what I really miss this week- not having to look for the nearest potty every time I feel a cough or sneeze coming on!
Cravings: I've been craving water lately, which I guess is really good for me.
Symptoms: More heartburn, having to go to the bathroom CONSTANTLY, and y'all: literally feeling my stomach muscles streeeeetching. Even at thirty nine weeks I never felt that with AP! Also, I had some spotting last week, but everything was fine!
Best Moment This Week: Finding out everything was "okay" after a little scare last week!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Getting his side of the nursery in order; we're working on it this week!

***Update on the birth decision: I'll do an extensive post soon I'm sure, but I'm really leaning very strongly toward the natural route and it's really not from any one thing I've learned. I think that I said originally I was not going to just do it for the experience, but the more stories I've read, the more I'm inclined to. I'm NOT doing it primarily to try to prove something to myself, but it just seems like it would be a really amazing experience and it kind of fascinates me now. I've ordered several books and I'm pretty excited about finding out more about it!***

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

I can't believe you're so far along already! Time is flying. You look great!

I'm with you on the coughing and sneezing...

Natural birth is definitely an amazing experience -- an event you'll cherish and never forget!