Friday, February 4, 2011

This Week's Lovely Link List

This week's list is a little content heavy. I did include a few fun, lighthearted links that I liked, but by and large it's a lot of things that really made me think. Enjoy!




YouTube - Snow In Houston

Posted: 03 Feb 2011 06:10 PM PST

This is exactly how Jackson people act, too! Ridiculous.

Claremont president: Christians shouldn’t evangelize people of other faiths « MethodistThinker.com

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:45 PM PST
I'm going to go on record as saying I think this guy has "an incorrect perception of what it means to follow Jesus" himself.

Riley Case: The future of the United Methodist Church is at stake « MethodistThinker.com

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:40 PM PST
Yet another article I found via Peyton that makes me feel uncomfortable about the direction the United Methodist Church in our country is taking. I would like to make a point that in our local church, I have never had a pastor who taught "all roads lead to God", engaged in fornication, or openly supported (or denounced) the heathcare bill. There's still some life left in the UMC in the South ;)

Acquainted With The Night: 1920s Themed Wedding!

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:33 PM PST

What a cute wedding!

On A Serious Note | Young House Love

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:32 PM PST

This is kind of a scary (but informative) post on house fires.

Reflections and Responses...Life as a Journey: Tithings of Comfort and Joy

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:30 PM PST
I want to encourage y'all to check out Peyton's blog. I think he has really grown as a writer since he used to occasionally usurp In the Warm Hold of Your Loving Mind. Here's a few of my favorite excerpts from his post:
- "THIS [the fact we can disagree about things like tithing] is part of the BEAUTY and MESSINESS of our current church."
- "We should allow our faith to inform our financial decisions in a way that it does for our moral decisions."
- "...but don't have too much of a bleeding heart without a sharp mind."

WORLDmag.com | Community | Blog Archive | The video that nearly got me

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:24PM PST
I needed this reminder this week!

Adoption growing among evangelical Christians | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 06:22 PM PST
This article interested me for several reasons: it talked a lot about "cross cultural adoption" and I have a VERY dear friend who is actively involved in adopting from overseas and (I haven't mentioned this lately because it's not something in the near future) but Peyton and I have talked seriously about adopting our third child- it would probably be a domestic adoption, but possibly a child of a different race. People have ALREADY expressed concern when I mention this, especially since we live in the Deep South, for how that child would be treated. The article addressed both sides, but one statement I LOVED said "Being pro-life is not simply holding to certain legislative goals about abortion: I really hadn't thought that much about it, but (to me) being "pro-life" is about more than just abortion; it is about QUALITY OF LIFE, as well, and I certainly want to support all children in the right to not just a life, but a joyful, abundant, Christ filled life.



As always, let me know if YOU have a good link to share!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I read the YHL link earlier this week and cried thinking about being in that situation now that we have a baby. I bawled when I got to the point of the talking smoke detector. How scary for little ones. :( but it's a great post and a must read!

This is a cool post - I may start doing this on my blog. I read so many great things and this would be a great way to share them.

Last, Isaac is sick today and has spent the last two hours asleep on my chest. I've spent the entire time reading your blog. I love it all! I love how open and honest you are and really enjoy reading your perspective. You are definitely on my must read list now. :)