Friday, February 11, 2011

This Week's Lovely Link List

This week's links. A little kid stuff, a few on faith, a funny, an informative post about learning a skill, and a brave post on an "untouchable" subject. Enjoy!





    Your Bride Is Ugly | Every Sphere

    Posted: 10 Feb 2011 07:50 PM PST

    I LOVED this post. Here are a few of my my favorite quotes:
    - "Honestly, how long do you think you are going to be friends? Can you continue to have a relationship with the bridegroom and disparage the bride? "
    - "If the standard [for measuring the church] is other than the Word of God, then it is, at best, a distraction and, at worse, an idol."
    - "For there is coming a day (sorry, I don't mean to fixate on end times) when those who "love Jesus but can't stand the church" are going to be very glad they are counted among her."
    Beautifully written.

    Preschoolers Need Two Years Before Kindergarten, Study Says | Strollerderby

    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 06:24 PM PST

    Since we're clearly not even convinced of the need for formal schooling in general, I'd say I disagree with this for the most part, but it does have some good points. The comments were interesting, too, in that people started debating preschool vs. day care and one mom talked about how her kid in daycare was spending a lot more time outside than he would be if she was at home with him. Convicting because I'm TERRIBLE about taking Annie outside to play.

    Proof that God is good… | Jesus Needs New PR

    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 06:09 PM PST

    Hilarious.

    Learning Days {Simply Homeschooling} » A Holy Experience

    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 06:08 PM PST

    I LOVED this. I seriously wanted to stop and pray "Please, Lord, if we decide to home school, teach me do it this way and this well".

    Hiding

    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 06:07 PM PST

    Of course I've never had a "medically fragile" child or truly suffered from this kind of grief or depression, but I think this (feeling self conscious and/or just not having the energy for intimacy) is something a LOT of moms face. I kind of make light of it sometimes (see my recent tweet), but truly it is something that is so important. Reading this was really interesting.

    [Recent Tweet: RT @ Chastity is the most unpopular of the Christian virtues-CSLewis Well, yeah. Until you're married. Kidding. Kidding.]

    Our Happily Ever Afters: Photography and Editing

    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 06:01 PM PST

    Good photography tips from my friend, Ashley. Bookmarked for the day (soon to come!!!) when we get a nice camera!

    Incarnatio: Should United Methodist Website Be Expected to Maintain Church's Doctrinal Standards?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2011 10:43 AM PST

    Good article. Good comment, too, though. Very thought provoking and interesting to try to hash out. I did love the sentence "Indeed, Article VIII indicates that no human being has naturally the power to do good works. In short, Williams' understanding of human nature is deficient when held against the doctrinal standards of our denomination."

    So, what'd I miss?

    No comments: