Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Happenings


I can hardly believe I'm typing this; March went by so fast. It didn't feel fast those first two weeks on bedrest, but now I can't stop thinking "Where did it go?". I didn't accomplish everything I meant to this month, but I'd say I did a pretty darn good job, considering. There's still so many things on my to-do list, but especially after Ann Peyton's birthday party on Saturday, I'm just going to relax a bit.

I really haven't planned much for April besides her party, for obvious reasons. Here are just a few tidbits, though:

- At the risk of stating the obvious, Graves will be here sometime this month. I'm so excited and I'm finally getting to the point where I can say "If it doesn't get done before he gets here, that is just fine". I do hope he holds off a few more days, but honestly, even if we have to postpone the birthday party, I don't care too much. I'm just really ready to see his sweet face.

- Her party is going to be SUPER low key this year, but it's probably the last year for awhile that she won't be sharing it with someone ;) I'm just looking forward to celebrating her little life with our family and close friends- the people I know won't judge me if there's dust on the coffee table or crumbs under the high chair.

- We also have weddings to go to this weekend and next. I accepted the invitations to both, but we're close enough to both families that they know the situation and that my response was kind of conditional ;) Peyton LOVES weddings more than any man I've ever known, probably more than most women. He really sees them as an act of worship and I think it's important to him to show his support for the institution and the new family that is forming, so we rarely ever miss one if we can help it.

- I'm still not at the point where I'm just so miserable and sick of being pregnant that I'm about to die, though. I never really got to that point with Annie, but I kind of assumed I would with this pregnancy, just because it's been a lot harder physically and several people told me they felt that way more with their second. I wouldn't want to feel this way indefinitely, but I'm not desperate yet.

- I'm super excited/nervous about his birth. I'm more calm than I thought I would be, but there is apprehension about doing it differently this time. I'm sure I've said it before, but I don't want to be that girl that says "I'll never get the epidural", because I can't know what will happen in a given situation and I want to be humble about it. That said, I'm going into it with a real conviction that this is the right thing for our family and I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen the way we've planned.

- I've definetly made some "progress". It's probably TMI, but I'm about 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Dr. McMinn said she wasn't really expecting me to make it to my appointment next week (it's on Friday)!!!

- Annie is just hilarious these days. I'll save the details for her monthly post, but she just cracks us up so much. The switch to the big girl bed has been far easier than I anticipated and we're so proud of her! I can't believe we've had her/known her/loved her for two years now. I am so excited to see how she will react to her brother.

- The nursery is pretty far from complete. We still have pictures to hang and more work on that darn armoire. The color I painted it (the second time) is just too bold and I'm not satisfied. My mom and Peyton sanded it some and it looks better, but there's more to do. At least I've got the bedding on both their beds figured out and most of his stuff is organized and put up. That's something!

- We made a trip to the attic this week and I got down a TON of stuff- a few things for me to wear now that it's warmed up (comfy dresses and big shorts), the infant car seat, swing, and bouncy seat, a box of neutral things (onsies, bibs, socks, ect.), and some itty bitty cloth diapers. I also brought some of Ann Peyton's Winter clothes up.

- Because of the way Peyton's job works, he had to go ahead and put in for vacation several months ago, so he just took of the week of my actual due date. I'm looking forward to a relaxing AND productive week!

- Speaking of, I think he's a little nervous about getting a phone call at work. He can't just close the pharmacy and sometimes (often) he's the only pharmacist there. He has several people he has told to be waiting for HIS call, but it does take about half an hour for him to get home. I'm really not worried about it, though. I know he'll make it in plenty of time for most of it, and I know all our friends and family that loved us so well during those two week I was on bedrest will see to it that Ann Peyton and I are taken care of until he can get away. It is nice that the hospital is less than ten minutes from our house!

I think that wraps up this month's happenings. I have done absolutely no blog reading this week (so rare for me!), so I think I'll skip my Weekly Smorgasbord tomorrow. I'm so excited about what this month holds...and who I'll be holding this month!

Happy April!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

Praying for you always---I can't WAIT to hear how everything goes and I can't wait to meet my "nephew!" I love him already--and YOU of course!

Christi said...

Oh, I've been thinking of you so much. I'm so excited for you and your entire family. Keeping you in my prayers and close to my heart. I'm giddy thinking of this wonderful month for you.

Christi

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new header! :)