Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Babykins #2- Thirty Seven Weeks

37 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 37 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 weighs six and a third pounds and is about nineteen inches long (the length of a stalk of swiss chard). We've finally reached the FULL TERM mark! Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained twenty five pounds, which is what I weighed when I delivered Ann Peyton at thirty nine weeks.
Maternity Clothes:
I've been wearing a lot of regular (empire) dresses this week since it's been warm. I feel like a whale in them, though!
Movement:
He kind of gave me a scare yesterday. He was still moving some, but I wasn't feeling him as much and it was not near as strong. I called the on call nurse early this morning and she said that was normal because a) he might be running out of room b) he's dropped some more and that makes it feel totally different (I'm pretty sure he has; the pressure is definitely back!) and c) they calm down some once they're getting ready to come. Wow!
Gender:
It's a boy! Graves Jackson Herrington.
Sleep:
I got a really GREAT night's sleep on Sunday and I was so thankful for it. I'm going to try to discipline myself to go to bed at a reasonable time, even though I feel like I have more energy than I've had the entire pregnancy! I know I will need as much rest as I can get when it comes time for the birth.
What I miss:
Even though I am really pretty uncomfortable at this point, I am just so glad to be able to get up and do things!
Cravings:
I have been dying to go to one of my favorite restaurants, Walker's. Pretty much everything I've ever had there is good, but I LOVE the Redfish Anna. We had it for lunch today and it did not disappoint!
Symptoms:
The pressure is definitely back and I'll be really interested to see if I've progressed any at my appointment tomorrow. I feel like I have lots of energy, but everything (my legs, my tummy, even my arms and head) just feels heavy.

Best Moment This Week:
I know I'm being redundant, but I complained enough about it ;) I've never considered myself particularly "active", but I was so glad when Sunday came and I could get up and do things! Also, just making it to "full term" has helped me to breath easier. What I Am Looking Forward To: At this point, I just can't wait to meet my sweet little baby. Although, really I can, because I've still got quite a few things I'd like to get done before he arrives. If it doesn't happen, though, it will be fine! Our hearts are ready for him and that's the important thing.


3 comments:

Holly Rutchik said...

You look amazing! Wow! You still have the glow and you are all belly. CAn't wait to hear the news. God's blessings for a safe and happy labor and birth!

Ellis said...

I know we're best friends and everything and I probably shouldn't say things such as this, but you are absolutely smoking in this picture. Peyton knows I'm right.

Alison said...

You look great!!