Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Babykins #2- Thirty Six Weeks


36 Weeks
[I told Peyton he was going to have to start doing the wash more frequently, now that we are sharing his boxer shorts!]

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 is about six pounds and is gaining around an ounce a day- he's about the size of a crenshaw melon (?) and is about eighteen and a half inches long. He is shedding his little downy covering and the waxy vernix that has been protecting him.

Insert cute, edited image of produce [HERE].


Total Weight Gain/Loss: It was twenty two last week, but I bet I've gained like ten pounds since last week because I eat about a box of Thin Mints every day and am completely sedentary. Maternity Clothes: Since you asked....let me explain about the boxers. They are the ONLY shorts in our house that remotely fit me. My personal shorts are too tight, too short, and too wedgie inducing. They're basically painful. I do have two pair of shorts that work. They are actually boys size large (yes little boy larges work better than women's smalls or even mediums- our culture is obsessed with scantily clad women, but not some much boys) and are nice and comfy. I wore them last time, but they are in the attic WHERE I CAN'T GET TO THEM UNTIL SUNDAY!
Movement: He moves a ton and it's really quite strong at times.
Gender:
It's a boy! Graves Jackson Herrington.
Sleep:
UGH. I'm just a mess. I feel like this whole post is turning into a complain fess, but really sleep has become an issue. I know it's because I'm not active AT ALL during the day. Or I'm hoping that's the problem.
What I miss: Being able to sleep, being able to get up and do things, being able to leave the house, being able to pick up my child....those are the big ones.
Cravings:
Anything and everything. I think I've been eating out of boredom, which is so not good.
Symptoms: I
've still been having some "pressure" and contractions, but not as much. I've also had a lot of indigestion (probably from laying down so much).
Best Moment This Week:
Well, as sentimental as last week's was, this week's is just hilarious to me. Okay, so as a courtesy, Walgreens assigns this nurse (who happens to be from another country and has a very thick accent) to call every once and a while and check on my pregnancy and offer advice and just keep me educated. Well, when she called last week, I gave her an update and explained about the bedrest. Y'all: SHE ASKED ME IF I KNEW THAT BEDREST INCLUDED PELVIC REST. I just said yes, but I was thinking "Ohmigosh, girlfriend, that is NOT what I'm resting up for! At this point, my body aches for much of the day , I feel like my muscles are atrophying from all this laying around, I resemble a beached whale in that sexy blue t-shirt, and everything in me feels like I could spontaneously go into labor at any point. We're looking at six weeks postpartum for that, friend."
What I Am Looking Forward To: SUNDAY. That is the big day! I'l be off bedrest and my medicine but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll make it a little closer to my due date (April 12). Clearly, I'm pretty uncomfortable (more so than I was with AP at this point), but it's nothing I can't handle and there are still quite a few things I'd like to get done before Babykins makes his debut!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You must be so excited to get off bed rest. Sounds like it's taking its toll! Too funny (and, um, awkward) about what the nurse said :)

Alison said...

I love seeing your belly pics each week! you're almost there!

Katie Smith said...

you look great! can't wait to see little Graves!