Thursday, March 17, 2011

Five Miute Friday Prompt: On Waiting


I've been meaning to do one of these prompts fro some time now and it's so funny because this week's topic fit perfectly with a post I was already starting to formulate in my head.

So, here's how it works (taken from The Gypsy Mama): you simply stop, drop and write for five minutes flat! Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect.

This was such a fun exercise; I encourage y'all to try it to and link up here. [And leave ME a comment if you do decide to; I'd love to read your post!]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep hearing the lyrics to one of my favorite songs flow through my head....

Any minute now, my ship is coming in...

Keeping checking the horizon....

I'm waiting for my real life to begin...

I don't feel like these last few weeks have been anything close to my real life as I lay here on the couch, dreaming about Graves and what he will look like, making endless lists that may or may not come to completion, and trying to entertain Ann Peyton and fold laundry from a reclined position. There have been moments I will cherish forever, and it's all very surreal, but I still feel like I'm waiting.

Waiting to get off the sofa. Waiting to see what this birth will be like. Waiting to hold a tiny baby in my arms and inhale that newborn smell. Waiting to become a family of four. Waiting to feel that intense, unconditional love again.

Waiting for my real life to begin.

5 comments:

~Beth D. said...

You said perfectly what I really meant during my 5-minute prompt!

bahava said...

mmmm oh babies! what a unique kind of waiting

The Jones' said...

I loved that time. I imagine that time and then the day they were born. My 2 happiest days ever!

The Jones' said...

OH, and everybody tells me that about my blog. (thay they forget about us!) I really do not like being private because of this and limits people from reading unless I invite them. Maybe I can go "un-private" : ) one day.

thegypsymama said...

You and me both - waiting on babies! :)

~Lisa-Jo