Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Not too many links this week; I've been busy and have really limited my computer time this week!





UK lass in US: Fabric dollhouse tutorial

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 07:27 PM PDT

Peyton shared this link with me and although I'll probably never be this skilled of a seamstress, it's fun to dream! Be sure to look at the Flikr group! SO cute!

Counterfeit Gospels Chart: How 6 Counterfeits Affect the Gospel Story, Announcement, and Community : Kingdom People

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 07:03 PM PDT

I LOVE charts (almost as much as lists), so I thought this was really fascinating. It was interesting to think about which counterfeit I was most often influenced by and they ways they each influence me.

Why Do We Let Girls Dress Like That? - WSJ.com

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 06:48 PM PDT

"Study hard and floss every night, honey—and for heaven's sake, get laid!" But that's essentially what we're saying by allowing them to dress the way they do while they're still living under our own roofs."

I thought this was interesting, especially since it came from a secular source and really didn't have a "religious" viewpoint.

Two-faced Texas Christians portrayed in new ABC pilot | Believe It or Not | HoustonBelief.com

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 02:02 PM PDT

The writer of this article is right in that there is a double standard. There would never be a show called "Good Muslim Bitches". Clearly. This is unfortunate. You know what I hate, too? If I watch this out of curiosity, it will effect the ratings. Ugh.
Soooo...what's missing?

1 comment:

Christi said...

I've been thinking of you a lot. How are Graves and you doing?

Christi