Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Babykins #2- Thirty Nine Weeks

39 Weeks
Goodness, I look HUMONGOUS!!! Also, we went to lunch today and Peyton specifically asked me not to wear any make-up (because he's a crazar and really thinks I'm prettier without it). Well, GROSS. ME. OUT. I did decide to compromise and did it much lighter than normal. Still kinda gross, in my opinion.

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 39 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #2 measures twenty inches, and is probably a bit over seven pounds, which is comparable to the size of a mini watermelon, AHHH! He is continuing to build a layer of fat that will help control his body temperature once he arrives and the outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'd gained twenty six pounds as of last week.
Maternity Clothes:
Last week, Nathalie asked if I intentionally wore something different in every picture. [I never know whether to answer questions in my comments, or go to the commenter's blog or what...so I decided I'd just tell all of y'all in this week's post!] Anyway, no, I had not originally planned to and I actually didn't notice it until Nathalie pointed it out! Someone at church told me last Sunday that it seemed like I hadn't worn the same outfit twice. I was so flattered, because I feel like I've worn the same three dresses every Sunday for the last two months! I do have to say that I feel like I've done a good job of stretching (pun intended, ha!) my wardrobe. I didn't want to buy a ton of maternity stuff and I've really tried to get creative. Of course, it is nice that on a couple of days a week, I usually don't get dressed beyond yoga pants and a t-shirt!
Movement: He's been back to his old tricks again this week. He's a mover and a shaker!
Gender: It's a boy! Graves Jackson Herrington.
Sleep:
Some nights it's great and some nights it's terrible. Weird.
What I miss:
I really haven't missed that much this week. Mainly just the ability to move around easily without bumping into furniture. Ha!
Cravings:
Peanut butter has been my best friend this week. And I'm definitely back to my old Bagel Bites habit from the beginning of the pregnancy. Truly, though, I just love to eat!
Symptoms:
Sooo....I'm at a weird place with all of this. I've been continuing to have pretty strong contractions, usually at night, but still no baby. I was at 3cm last week and Dr. McMinn said she really didn't expect to see me this week (or really to make it through the weekend), but here we are. My appointment is Friday, so we'll see where things are then. Part of me is surprised every day that I DON'T go into labor, but honestly, I think I'll be equally surprised when it finally happens!
Other than that my main symptom is that my feet have been KILLING me. I did wear "bad" shoes to a wedding reception Saturday night and then to church the next morning, but for the most part I wear only very practical, comfy shoes. My mom wanted to know what was making them hurt so bad, then. Uhhh, the extra twenty five pounds I'm lugging around, maybe???
Best Moment This Week:
Annie said something along the lines of "Love Baby Brother" tonight and it was precious. She's getting more and more verbal every day and saying lots more three or four word phrases and we've been talking to her a lot more about him.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Along those lines, I just can't wait to see her reaction. I'm excited about her initial reaction, but also just how they'll interact in the upcoming weeks, months, years. I think that is one of the neatest things about having multiple children- seeing their interactions and the relationship that they will create.

3 comments:

Katie Smith said...

you look absolutely beautiful. I am so excited for you, Peyton and Annie! :)

ariel said...

I love following your blog! I've been obsessed lately with pregnancy and such (childless myself, and plan on it for awhile) but something about the anticipation of a baby just makes me melt =) Wishing you and your family all the best!

Sara Ashley said...

I think Peyton's right, you look great without makeup. Work it girl :)