Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Addendum to Weekly Happenings Post #115- Hot and Heavy and Two Thumbs Up

Per Peyton's request, I wanted to share a story that I forgot to include in my WH post last week.

Late one afternoon last week we were driving around (I think to one of our parents' houses) and Peyton decided it would be a good idea to attempt to recapture the passion of our youth at a red light.  Like this:

Of course, I indulged him.  It was a fun, albeit somewhat awkward experience.  Because we're not sixteen year olds. We're twenty somethings.  With two kids.  In a Buick.

But that's neither here nor there.  What was interesting about the experience is that while we were um, recapturing, a probably forty something black guy drove up next to us and did this:

I have to say I appreciate our friend giving props to our humble attempt at keeping the spark ablaze within a life increasing dominated by dirty diapers, spilled sippies, and early evening Buick rides with our wee little companions.

2 comments:

Anna Walker said...

Haha that's so cute! :D
A red stoplight is totally random, but that was probably the best part of it right?
PS your wedding picture is GORGEOUS!

Sarah Broadus said...

thats awesome. Best post ever =)