Sunday, June 12, 2011

Letter to (Two Month Old) Graves

Dear Graves,

You are two months old and you are getting cuter, smilier, and more fun by the day!  I just love getting to know you and falling more and more in love with you.

I'd be lying if I said you were as content and laid back as your sister was at this age, but you are your own little person.  We have slowly figured out what keeps you happy and that is a good feeling!  You love being held and are such a lap baby.  I've said it before and I'll probably say this every month, but it's really a blessing because it makes me slow down and enjoy these moments.  I just bought a sling to "wear" you in and you quite enjoy that, too!  At the very least, you want to be in arms reach of someone if you're awake and you like it when I put your bouncy seat beside me while I blow dry my hair or bring your swing with me in the kitchen or study.  You love snuggling with your Papa and you especially like lying on his chest on your stomach.  You're starting to like being on your tummy on the floor, too.  I think it helps with your gas issues.  We give you prescription drops for those sometimes, but usually putting the rice sock on your tummy and putting you in your swing or in the Pack N Play with the vibration unit on is sufficient.  You love motion and you love the warmth of your rice sock.

Some other tricks I have to get you to calm down are taking you outside and softly rubbing your forehead.  Minnie figured out that one!  You like to be swaddled  up in your little SwaddleMe blankets that have velcro tabs, although you've figured out how to get you arms loose.  You're also a bit of a paci addict.  You've loved the hospital issued MAMs from day one and we're pretty happy for you to have them!  There's something you like more than a paci, though...

the real thing!  You are a great eater; you still nurse every two to three hours during the day, but you've started going longer stretches at night.  We haven't gotten the official "go ahead" from Dr.  Denney (we'll see him next week), but you've slept several six hour stretches and one EIGHT hour stretch.  It's so nice!  You do eat a little too fast and I think that contributes to your gas and spit up issues.  You spit up so much more than your sister did, but you eat a lot more!  Our friends think it's so funny to watch you take a bottle, because you sound just like a little pig.  You are a noisy eater!

I have no idea how much you weigh, but you're growing fast!  You've moved out of the newborn diapers and are in size ones when you wear disposables.  [By the way, your diapers are unreal and you poop through the disposables like crazy!]  We've packed up a lot of you newborn clothes and sleepers and you are wearing lots of 0-3 mo. things and some 3 mo. stuff.  I also had to put up your little knit booties and find you a real pair of shoes to wear to church!

You have started to smile some and Minnie is especially good at getting this reaction from you.  Your smile is HUGE and funny, almost mischievous even.  I love it.

Your sister is falling in love with you as well.  The other day Papa took her somewhere, just the two of them, and when she noticed you weren't in the car with her she said "Baby Graves...BABY GRAVES!!!".

We all love you so much, precious boy!

Love,
Momma (and Papa)

P.S. Your outfit this month is a 3 mo.; you're growing so fast!


Graves- One Month Old_20110512_017

No comments: