Monday, June 20, 2011

Three Little Girls and Now Three Little Boys

I was thinking last night as I was working on my Weekly Happenings post (which will be forthcoming at some point today), about an upcoming girl's trip in Memphis and then I started reflecting back on the few times Carrie, Ashley and I have all gotten together since Ash's move.  I had hoped we'd be able to see Ashley a few times each year, and so far the Lord has seen fit to bless that. I am more thankful for that than I can express.

The first time (really it was the second, but the first was really, really close to the actual move) Ashley came back for a visit after she moved was right after Carrie had Jude.  I announced I was pregnant and it was the first time Ashley shared how strongly she was being drawn toward adoption.  We didn't know it at the time, but just as we had walked through the early years of daughters lives together, the Lord was going to allow us to walk through the journey of our sons lives together, too.  It gives me chills to think about it!

On the next visit, Carrie and I drove to Missouri to see Ashley.  Carrie had Jude with her, I had Graves (who we by then knew was Graves)  in my belly, and we talked often over those few days about the child that would become Ashley and Kurt's.  At that point, only the Lord knew his face and his name, but he was already loved and certainly prayed for.

The next visit was back in Jackson and it was truly special.  I was nearing the end of my pregnancy and was on bed rest and so my friends came to my house.  It was kind of a scary patch; I was so ready to meet my baby, but he needed to hold on just a little longer.  My friends were such an encouragement.  Also, strangely enough, Ashley had gotten news the very morning of our visit that she had a little boy.  It was such a joyful time.

This trip will be special.  It will be special because I will get to introduce my little boy to one of the best friends I have ever known.  But it will be more special because [I'm trusting in the Lord that] it will be the last trip before Carrie, Ashley, and I all three have our three daughters AND our three sons home with the parents that have so longed for them.







 Praise Him!

3 comments:

Sarah Broadus said...

sweet post!

Ashley said...

This post made me smile SO BIG!!!!! I'm so blessed to have you in my life, and God gave us such a gift with our kiddos. The future is going to be so fun!!!!

Carrie said...

Love this post! I'm so happy that our kids get to grow up together! :)