Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Wow! So many good links this week. It's a lot I know; just click on the ones that seem interesting to you!


    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 11:03 AM PDT
    This makes me sad. I love the "What I Want You to Know" series on RATM.
    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 11:03 AM PDT
    I might have to try this now that I know the basics!
    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 10:51 AM PDT
    "If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world, playing some of the finest music ever written, with one of the most beautiful instruments ever made...
    How many other things are we missing?"

    Ah, good question. THIS IS SO FASCINATING!
    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 10:51 AM PDT
    Why surprises are so good-

    "When you are expecting something, there is always so much room for disappointment. There's just so much risk that it's not going to turn out as awesome as you hoped."
    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 10:47 AM PDT
    "Oh, I thought, how lucky it is to have passions, to simply love what you love."

    So true!
    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 10:39 AM PDT
    I love Jim Burns and I thought his answer was spot on.
    Posted: 11 Jun 2011 10:35 AM PDT
    We don't have to pay our babysitters (Thanks Momma and Denise!), but this sounded like a good tip if you do!
    Posted: 10 Jun 2011 10:33 PM PDT
    This is a huge fear of mine. I mean I really don't think it could happen, but I'm sure no one ever does.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2011 12:47 PM PDT
    Interesting article. In some ways I sympathize, but as one commenter put it some things the author said were "off putting".

    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 08:06 PM PDT
    GREAT article about the unfortunate tendency to want to change the lyrics of hymns (old and new) to fit our modern sensibilities.
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 07:58 PM PDT
    Y'all. I want this.
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 07:21 PM PDT
    So interesting. [Also: this is Peyton's favorite show.]
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 07:01 PM PDT
    You kind of have to read the linked article first, but this article makes the point that it is okay for conservative Christians to take "the best of what [Ayn Rand] has to say and discard the rest".
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 01:53 PM PDT
    Really interesting. My parents sleep in seperate rooms because my mom snores LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN. When we went to NYC she slept in the bathtub because she was keeping every one of us up. Peyton falls asleep a lot on the couch. I'll be honest; I do miss him sometimes on those nights but waking him up and getting him to come to bed is an impossible task and sometimes it's a nice break because he snores pretty bad too and is a huge bed hog ;)
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 01:45 PM PDT
    This kid is so precious!
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 01:07 PM PDT
    So funny. So true.
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 01:03 PM PDT
    The tweet leading me to this article summed it up well- "Deep theology, yes — but we also need John Wesley's aggressive, culture-transforming edge"
    As always, point me in the direction of anything I might have missed

    3 comments:

    Amy said...

    FYI....pinterest is SO addicting! :)

    Kristal said...

    Seriously, where do you find all these awesome links??

    Regarding the breastfeeding article, I want to cry for that woman. Experiences like that are EXACTLY why BF'ing education and support is so darn important! :(

    And the car death article...ugh. I read a very detailed article on the same topic last summer, complete with specific stories. I woke Chad up in the middle of the night (I had read it while night nursing) to have a conversation about what steps we needed to take to make sure that Isaac never got left in the seat. So so sad. I do hate the name of the article though...rear facing is drastically safer than forward facing, even if you factor in this risk, so I hate the way they have to sensationalize it.

    Great list of articles!!

    Adventures In Babywearing said...

    Thank you for linking to my post- what a great round up!

    Steph