Friday, July 29, 2011

Flashback Friday: Sippin' and Dippin' {July 29, 2010}

[Sidenote: Something is clearly messed up with my blog.  Actually, something is messed up on the site where I found this background.  I've already got the August header done, so I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and change it over later tonight.  Pardon the mess until then.]

Here are some pictures from today's date last year:

 I was wondering what was in that cup. Milk, obviously, right?  Well, the thing is we ended up putting her on formula for about three months after she turned a year to give her extra calories.  In retrospect, I kind of wish I had held out and just nursed her those extra few months, but at the time I really didn't have a good reason for feeling like that was necessary or beneficial.  It's not a huge regret or anything, but I'd do it differently this time.  Although, GEEZ, I don't think that will be a problem since Brother is wearing a 6-9 mo. outfit today. Anyway, I went back and searched it (one of the benefits of having a blog) and it just happens this was her first week on cow's milk!

 
We had fun outside that day, too. I actually took some pictures that day of a flower bed I was super proud of because we had spent most of the afternoon working in the yard. Coincidentally, we are planning on doing just that again today! 

 And here's Ann Peyton with The General.  He can probably relate really well to me because his life was so easy back then.  He didn't know how good he had it!  These days she's all "GEEEEEEENERAL!!!!" and chasing after him trying to step on his tail.  

I love looking back and reminiscing about the things we were doing and comparing them to my life now.  It's a wonderful reminder of how blessed we were and how blessed we are!

No comments: