Friday, July 1, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Weekly dose of links for ya:



    Posted: 30 Jun 2011 11:10 AM PDT
    I really had no idea about this inspite of my my childbirth research and now I've seen three different articles about it in the last month! I'll probably do this round three if there is a round three. To clarify, Peyton and I do want three children AT LEAST, but I may not be grunting and pushing round three. Make of that what you will ;)
    Posted: 30 Jun 2011 11:08 AM PDT
    I love the news (I'm a serious news junkie!) and I thought Nish gave some great tips on how to follow it!
    Posted: 30 Jun 2011 10:33 AM PDT
    Of course, Mississippi is the worse. Please, someone, find me a study were MS come in first for something GOOD. [Actually, since I tweeted that, two people on Twitter shared that MS is no. 1 in charitable donations and church attendance.] As much as I care about breastfeeding and childhood obesity, Imma say those are more important- learning and spreading the Gospel are much more significant, IMO.]
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 10:00 PM PDT
    A nun was inspired by Kelly (from Kelly's Korner) and wrote all about her day at the convent. It was one of the most fascinating "personal" blog posts I've read in awhile!
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 01:39 PM PDT
    This is such a good reminder!
    Posted: 26 Jun 2011 08:22 PM PDT
    "What if nutritionists came up with a miracle cure for childhood malnutrition? A protein-rich substance that doesn't require refrigeration? One that is free and is available even in remote towns like this one in Niger where babies routinely die of hunger-related causes?
    Impossible, you say? Actually, this miracle cure already exists."
    Posted: 26 Jun 2011 10:59 AM PDT
    Although I disagree with the bulk of this article, I found it fascinating and I learned something I didn't know. Also, I loved this line:

    "The world cannot know the unsurpassable worth of human life without a people who consistently work to protect it - in the fetus, in the convict, in the immigrant, in the soldier, and in the enemy." 

    Eloquent words that stirred my heart and pricked my conscience.
    Posted: 25 Jun 2011 09:14 PM PDT
    I definitely don't agree with all of this, but it had some really good points.
    What's missing???

    3 comments:

    J. Henry said...

    That first article was very interesting. I'll definitely be asking my doctor what he thinks if we get pregnant again. I'm confused by your comment that you may not be grunting and pushing round three. Did you mean you may have a C section?

    Sarah Denley said...

    Oh no...I think I've mentioned it on my blog before, but we really want to adopt a child at some point! So no grunting and pushing...or slicing for that matter. Honestly, I've become such a childbirth nut, I really will be sad if I never get to do it again, but I know whatever the Lord has for us is best!

    Sarah said...

    I love your "Smorgasboard" posts! Thanks for posting!!