Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

This week's links:


Posted: 24 Jul 2011 12:23 PM PDT
Peyton and I are reading this together. We've only read the first two posts, but so far it's really interesting and a good conversation starter.
Posted: 23 Jul 2011 10:17 PM PDT
I like the idea of being a "yes mom". Of course, if it's not what is best for her, I'll say no, but so often I say "no" out of my own laziness or my own selfish priorities- "No, I can't read to you right now" (because I'm in the middle of some all important computer browsing...WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?) or "no we can't go outside" (because it's too hot...um, clearly, we won't melt). I'm going to try to say "yes" a lot more this week!
Posted: 23 Jul 2011 10:12 PM PDT
I could have written this post. In a lot of ways it describes how I feel about Annie. I've told Peyton before that for the longest time, it was really hard for me to see a sin nature in her. It's getting a lot clearer these days, though ;)

I particularly loved these lines: "Erring on the side of worshiping these delightful little people is what our current world does, but only a few short generations ago, we erred the other way. Daddies didn't love their babies, and often times Mamas didn't either (useful MadMen reference inserted here). Children were abused and put to work and not gloried in, and now they are bowed down before and allowed to set the family's routine, diet and not expected ever to work. "
Posted: 23 Jul 2011 10:07 PM PDT
Okay, I may start participating in the littler carnival as well as one other one. It looks like fun!
Posted: 23 Jul 2011 10:06 PM PDT
First: I love Lindsey's style.
Second: This is the other one. I think I may start doing this, too. I know the whole purpose is to keep SAHM and WAHM accountable to really getting dressed every day and I don't do that especially in the Summer, so it may be a flop. I'll probably just do this OR "Small Style" each week, maybe alternate? For one, this kind of post is time consuming to me and for another, I don't have a "style blog" and I don't particularly want to. I have some I love, but it's just not the entire theme of my blog and I don't want it to end up that way. [And plus, I'm not that stylish.]
Posted: 23 Jul 2011 10:04 PM PDT
Yeah, I loved me some Clarissa Explains It All.
Posted: 23 Jul 2011 10:03 PM PDT
One of those posts that is just a good reminder for me as a mother.

C-section Birth Trends: Why the rates for this procedure are rising
Posted: 21 Jul 2011 07:47 PM PDT
I think this is very interesting and worth mulling over. One point I found very interesting was that the use of c-sections hasn't changed in objective cases such as placenta previa; it has only risen in "subjective" cases. That is why it was SO important to me to have an OB I trusted and felt on the same page with
Posted: 20 Jul 2011 10:11 PM PDT
I love Little Golden Books so very much.
Posted: 20 Jul 2011 09:11 PM PDT
How much fun is this ?!?!
Posted: 19 Jul 2011 07:23 PM PDT
How terrible for the mother. I agree that this whole situation could have been avoided with a better design for pedestrians. Ugh.
Posted: 19 Jul 2011 07:22 PM PDT
What a sad story. So glad she's having another baby. I can't imagine.
Any other links y'all love?

1 comment:

The Taffs said...

I love all of your links each week. Most of them I haven't read.