Friday, August 19, 2011

Flashback Friday: First Giggles and Free Fallin' {August 13, 2009 and August 12, 2010}

I was going to post these last Friday when I looked for what was going on that day a year ago and two years ago, but then I rememembered that I needed to do Graves's four month old post, so I skipped it.  Anyway, here's what we were up to this time of year in 2009 and 2010:

2009-
We took this insane goofy video of Annie's first laugh.  Can you tell we're both BESIDE OURSELVES? Can you tell we're both first time parents? Can you tell she was (and is) our pride and joy?

Sweet baby Graves has done a couple of little laughs, but nothing to this extent. I can't wait to hear it and being as I'm given to overly emotional responses, I might just get weepy again.

On the blog, I was posting funny pharmacy storiesanalyzing my purposes in blogging, and (this is really timely) trying to focus on living in the present and not wishing away Annie's baby days.  I was thinking just today how I want to be intentional about not wishing away this time, but man will it be nice when Baby Boy can tell me what's bothering him instead of screaming in my face all afternoon and night ;)

2010-
I had just found out I was pregnant with Graves a few days earlier and Peyton and I took our last trip alone since that time.  We went to Nashville for the specific purpose of seeing one of our favorites, Tom Petty.  Little did I know my unborn son would end up sporting a similar 'do to the cat in front of us:


And on the blog, I announced and elaborated on our exciting news and participated in a fun 30 Day Blog Journal.

Looking back like this is always such fun and such a sweet reminder of our many good times as a family!

No comments: