Thursday, September 1, 2011

Southern Girls with the Way They Talk {Accent Vlog}

Okay, so I hopped on the bandwagon and decided to do the accent vlog.   A few things:
1. I keep touching my face.  Gross.
2. I hope y'all don't think I'm being hateful re: the Yankee thing
3. I am nothing if not a rabbit trail wanderer.  I get lost in my thoughts sometimes.
4. The playlist is a little ways down on the right, be sure to pause it.

Okay, here you go:


Here's the list of words and questions:

words: aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas and caught. 

Questions: 
What do you call when you throw toilet paper on someone's house? 
What is the bug called that rolls into a ball when you touch it? 
What do you call carbonated beverages? 
What do you call gym shoes? 
What do you say when addressing a crowd? 
What do you call the insect with eight long legs? 
What do you call your grandparents? 
What do you call the thing you put groceries in at the store? 
What do you call it when the sun is shining and it rains? 
What do you call the thing you use to change channels on the TV?


9 comments:

Kodi said...

Seriously?! You could NOT be any cuter. Haha! I wanna hug you! Thanks for the shout out. :)

Holly Rutchik said...

I don't know where these questions came from but I would LOVE to do them (I'm a Yankee)
But, I loved listening to you! You sound so friendly :) I wish I was from the south.

Ashley said...

Hahhahahahahaha I literally laughed out loud at this entire video because it was like being at lunch with you ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! I swear, this video is why we're such good friends. Absolutely loved this.

And yes, I take issue with the cart/buggy debate and also you are WELCOME to share with Evy Katie about loose leaf!

xoxoxo

Annie and Greg said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

okay, so i think we sound a lot alike. i was born and raised in MS too and have a strong southern - high pitched voice too. now, i have a few friends from the heart of texas and they have the whole "llight, bright" thing going on :)

Kristal said...

HAhahahahahah! This is classic. Ruin?? Oh girl. I was dying. If you would have just said that word to me with no explanation behind it, I would have had NO clue what you were saying. Love it!!

Minda said...

Oh my, I love it! You are so cute, and baby Graves seemed to halfway wave goodbye at the end..haha I have been making silly videos to send to Ellis lately, and I was shocked to hear how sound! It had been awhile since I'd recorded anything. Maybe I'll try to work these words into a video and see just how Southern I really am!

The Taffs said...

Ok, I'm from south AL, but you're southern accent is so much cuter than mine! Adorable! I haven't thought about loose leaf paper since 4th grade probably---hilarious!

Becca said...

I loved this! You have one of the strongest southern accents I've ever heard! The way you say ruin cracked me up... like someone else said, I wouldn't have known what you were saying. Love your blog - I'm a new follower!