Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

I didn't really do as much blog reading as I typically do this week. I think the links are pretty good, though. Also, I've mentioned several times that I'm trying to pay more attention to my little "side blogs". Orignally, I had planned to do a post on this blog, linking to the other blogs, each time I posted.  That seemed like overkill, though, and I decided it made more sense just to include them here.  Please forgive the self-promoting nature of such a link!



Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:08 PM PDT
Picking back up on the porch series!
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:08 PM PDT
This is a weird conundrum.
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:07 PM PDT
This whole situation makes me so sad, but what an amazing display of grace!
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:06 PM PDT
I'm so excited about all these 31 days series. I really would like to do one myself, but I'd have only a week to figure it out. Besides that, I have tons and tons of drafts I need to finish, plus I said I wanted to start paying more attention to my "side blogs". There's just not time for everything, sadly.
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:04 PM PDT
Just one little way to spread kindness. So neat!
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:03 PM PDT
I found a link to this on another blog I follow and the article got me thinking.
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 08:01 PM PDT
I thought this was an interesting perspective. Language warning.
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 01:34 PM PDT
Okay, if you've been here long, you know I love RATM and I LOVE this series. It's really eye-opening to me. Anyway, this one particularly struck a chord. I guess because I recently posted about some of my frustrations in mothering and (like every other time I've done so) got overwhelming support. The same is true in real life. It makes me sad that someone in a probably much more difficult, though similar, circumstance has such a hard time finding support.
Posted: 21 Sep 2011 11:19 PM PDT
So, so sad.

I've stopped doing this even though ours does clip in on top. I put Graves's seat in the big part (or wear him!) and AP sits up top. Basically, the groceries go underneath or around the kids. It's not convenient, but it's good for my piece of mind!
That's it. Like I said, I was sort of MIA this week, so let me know if there's anything that I just have to read!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last story happened in my hometown. I just wanted to mention that most seats that do seem to clip on to the cart, are actually not designed to, and the manuals warn against it. I know most parents (including me) don't read carseat manuals, but it is impossible to know how to install and secure your child properly without doing so. This story is devastating, I can not imagine this mother's pain. Hopefully people will read the story and can help prevent it from happening in the future.