Thursday, October 13, 2011

Letter to (Six Month Old) Graves

Dear Graves,

Half a year!  It's been such a wonderful half year with you and I am so proud to be your momma.  You have taught me so much, precious boy.  I've learned patience, and humility, and more than anything I'm becoming more accustomed to dying to myself.  I've learned that my heart is plenty big enough to love two children and I've learned that admitting I have hard days doesn't mean I love you or parenting you any less.  I've learned to roll with the punches better and I've learned when I need to slow down and take care of myself so I can better take care of you.  Thank you for teaching me so many lessons in such a short time!

You are growing so much!  You had your well baby visit today and your stats sort of surprised me.  You were almost fifteen pounds, which is less than ten pounds difference from your sister, but that was still in the seventh percentile.  Dr. Denney wasn't too concerned, but I was shocked because we all think your gigantic.  You do have some really chunky thighs and I can't resist squeezing and kissing them!  You wear lots of six mo. clothes and a few 9 mo.

You can roll both ways, but you still get stuck on your tummy and want help a lot.  You are so close to sitting up and you want it so bad.  You love sitting up in our laps and sitting in you Bumbo seat and last night we sat up in your stroller and you really enjoyed that.

You took your first trip to the state fair last night, by the way. You were so interested in everything and really enjoyed the cool night air and all the sights and sounds.

You eat great.  Well, I should say you nurse great; you aren't the biggest baby food fan yet, but tonight you did eat more (and with less mess) than you ever have before.  You've gotten super fast with nursing and that's really nice.  Oh, and you love you some Baby MumMums, just like your sister did.  They're pretty messy, but you enjoy them so much!

Sleep has been a bit of an issue.  You are taking better naps- usually two a day- but you've been waking up more at night.  You had an earache, a cold, and a cough this month, so I think that kind of threw off your routine.  Right now I'm not too worried about it.

You have started to be so interested in the kitties and if General is around (Darth kind of avoids you and Sissy), you love to pet him.  We have to be careful because you really want to clutch his fur and put fistfulls of it in your mouth.

Speaking of, your grip is amazing.  You really like to pull hair and the other day you grabbed Ann Peyton's and almost pulled her over.  I'm sure it won't be the last time your incredible strength is juxtaposed with her tiny, petiteness.

 I say this every month, but we are so blessed by your precious life.  I cannot fathom the person I would be without you.

Love,
Momma (and Papa)

P.S. Your outfit didn't have a size (consigment find), but I think it's around a 6 mo.!






2 comments:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Baby Graves sure is cute! I cannot believe that he is 6 months. Time goes too fast.

ms.composure said...

aw this is adorable!! loving this post!!

infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com