Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Most Beautiful Story

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24

Today was a very special day for a very special friend.  My friend Ashley was finally able to get her precious little boy from Korea.  I'm not sure why exactly (besides my best friend being one of the central characters) but something has drawn me so strongly to this story.  I know I am not alone.  From all the comments on Ashley's Facebook and blog, it's obvious that for many people, this is like reading the best book ever and seeing it unfold before our very eyes.  And it's real!  I think part of it is just watching someone be so obedient to the Lord and do something that is outside of the norm.  Ashley and Kurt are perfectly able to grow their family in the typical way, but they felt this was the Lord's will and they didn't waver in their obedience. I feel so blessed to call Ashley my friend and I'm so inexplicably proud of her. 

I wrote Liam a letter and sent a package up to Ashley a few weeks ago and in the letter I shared that, excepting my own children, I don't think I've ever prayed for a child (I'd even wager to say a situation) as fervently or as diligently as I have for him and their family.  I'd also guess that this is the case for many more than just myself.  When I think of it that way, this journey that the Lancasters have allowed us to travel with them has not only been about giving this precious little boy a forever home.  They will probably never know all the people whose faith has been strengthened through their beautifully written story.  And what a wonderful climax today! It was such a joy to witness. I can hardly wait for the next page!

1 comment:

Bre said...

I just HAD to leave you a comment to say that the verse you use that beginning of this blog post is my all time favorite verse! My mom use to sing it to my brother and I growing up and I just love it. Made my day seeing it this morning :)
Also, I saw Ashley's post with Liam yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. So precious!