Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Links from last week:



    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:43 PM PDT
    Thought this was funny although I'm probably guilty of about half of these. Reminded me of this article.
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:40 PM PDT
    Another cute wreath. I want to make this one, too!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:38 PM PDT
    "When it's time to write out a hard story, share an opinion on a debatable topic, or test a boundary that you've otherwise avoided, it's best to approach that post after thoroughly evaluating our motives."
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:40 PM PDT
    "When I sit down and start typing out the words in a controversial or sensitive post, here are some things I always try to keep in mind. Again, this advice may not be for everyone, but it's the advice I try to follow and it's proven to really, really work!"

    Also, I LOVE this Ann Voskamp quote: "The only platform in the upside down kingdom is an altar".
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:39 PM PDT
    "For them, then."
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:37 PM PDT
    "l also feel strongly that our society has shifted the value on blue collar jobs to white collar jobs. Occupations that were once respected are now seen as kind of second-class to the suits in offices." So true! Peyton works retail and gets yelled at for no reason a good bit, but he gets paid enough that I really don't fell that sorry for him (not that anyone should yell at their pharmacist!). I do feel pretty bad for the people Kodi is talking about and I think she had a great idea of encouraging them!
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:34 PM PDT
    Okay, I don't totally get the point, but I do think it would be an interesting and fun experiment!
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:32 PM PDT
    Looks so good and so easy. Darn that Parmesan!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:30 PM PDT
    Yes, rather brilliant.
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:28 PM PDT
    Big Mama's writing a book!!!! I've kind of stopped reading Big Mama and Boo Mama every day. I think I've just been interested in more serious things, lately. But every time I come back, and I mean EVERY time, I find myself in fits of laughter. Can't wait to read!
    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:27 PM PDT
    I never really noticed people being more excited about our girl announcement than our boy, but maybe it was because we already had a girl? I don't know, I got a LOT of "boys and their mamas" comments about that special bond that moms and sons have, mostly from moms with grown boys. Anyway, truthfully, I did want a girl first, but I would have been happy either way, of course. I'm sure a part of me would be sad to have just boys (or just girls), but I know I'd get over it. I really just can't believe the things some people say, though. So many people say "Oh, so you're done now" and I hate it, because just because we have one of each doesn't mean our family is complete.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2011 09:33 PM PDT
    This struck me as beyond bizarre. Who would admit on their public blog to loving one of their children more than another? I will admit that it took me awhile to love Graves as much as Ann Peyton and I'll further admit that there is still a little connection I have with Annie simply because she has two years on him. But with each day the connection with Graves grows and the difference seems less significant. Although she'll always have those two years on him, I am confident the day will come soon when I feel just as strong of a connection with him. My mom always said that at different stages she LIKED me or my sister better and it varied, but she always LOVED us equally. And I always felt good about that answer.
    Enjoy 'em!

    1 comment:

    Jennifer said...

    Thanks for sharing these! I love finding interesting blogs to follow!