Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

My favorite posts from last week:




    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:45 PM PDT
    "Robert Capon, in his wonderful, delightful little ditty, Bed and Board, says that the thing children cannot tolerate is unfairness. They can tolerate all manner of toughness and firmness and hard work and difficult requirements, but the minute we are unfair, we lose them." So interesting, as is the rest of this post.
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:44 PM PDT
    I've been reading this whole 31 days series about a "no brainer wardrobe" and have really enjoyed it. This post was one of my favorites, though. I decided I should go through my closet and pick out a "go to" outfit for several different occasions!
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:43 PM PDT
    "Why do women work? Or more specifically, why do MOTHERS work? Can there possibly be a more complicated question?" This is really excellent writing. Such good deep stuff. However, when I got to the part where Suzanne calls BS about Funions, I had to just go ahead and add the blog to my reader.
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:40 PM PDT
    "If you give a kid shoes," she told me, "they wear out or they grow out of them, and then what do they have? If you give the kid's parents a job, the whole family will always have shoes." "The problem isn't that people don't have shoes. It's that they don't have the means to buy shoes." I think this is a really good post about TOMS. I actually think they're super cute and really want a pair. This article shows how the company is doing a good job, but could have a greater impact.
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:26 PM PDT
    Have I told y'all I love a good birth story? ;)
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:25 PM PDT
    We've discussed this type thing before, but never really made it a priority. I think having a time for "business" would be so helpful. Got to be intentional now.
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:25 PM PDT
    Emily's thanksgiving in the midst of sadness.
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:24 PM PDT
    While I don't have this exact problem, I can relate on many levels. I thought this was such a beautiful, important post.
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:23 PM PDT
    This is such a neat story!
    Enjoy!

    1 comment:

    Elle said...

    Um, holy wow - can I just say THANK YOU? What an honor to be listed here! :)

    Your little niblets are adorable - I love the gorgeous window into your family's life. Thanks!