Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday Prompt: Unexpected


Unexpected.  In the timing that is.  In the way that you expect something one day, but not this day.

Because I DID expect her. I expected her one day. From the time I was nineteen years old and had been dating Peyton for a few months and we started talking about our dreams more and more.  He talked about his dream of living in a big city and I talked about my dream of a little girl named Ann Peyton.  In that regard, she was expected.  But she was expected later....

After I had taught school for a few years.  After we had lived a different life in a different city.  After we had learned more about each other as husband and wife.  After we had thought about things and decided it was the right time to "settle down". 

That was our plan.  But fortunately, it wasn't the plan.  The plan was the unexpected.  The beautiful, breathtaking, heartbursting, soul strengthening, mind altering unexpected.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Simply Beautiful! I followed you in the Five Minute Friday. My story is the exact opposite but I think God intended for me to follow you. Oh, the plans! And then THE PLAN.

Brenda said...

What a blessing!!! God always knows best!!!

Stephanie said...

Simply beautiful! There are plans and there is THE PLAN! I followed you in the Five Minute Friday and I don't think it was by coincidence. My story, or plan, turned out completely different than yours. God knew what He was doing in having me follow you. I needed to read your story.

Anonymous said...

Funny how so many things about babies are unexpected, including but not limited to the timing! They come when they come ... lovely photo of your family. Thank you for sharing it!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I LOVE this even though you have shared part of this before - it gets me every time! I am so thankful God blessed us with little girls and boys!

Sara Ashley said...

That was beautiful, Denley. She is a precious little girl! I'm glad I got to see you at Ultreya the other night. :) Anytime you need an extra hand, I'd love to come over & help & visit. Congratulations on the christening of Baby Graves today! How wonderful to be on the first Sunday of Advent. :)