Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November Happenings

I really like this Fall vibe on the blog. And I know I'm going to love seeing that picture of Baby Graves sitting up by himself and the one of me and Annie looking at the Arch.

I really don't think this month is going to be that busy, which is a good thing!  I'm kind of blown away that October has come and gone and we're about to embark on the "holiday season".  I'm constantly reminded of that quote, "The days are long, but the years are short." I'm sure any mom with an infant or a toddler feels that to some extent and I think it's magnified with one of each.  At least for me, that's been the case!

Here's what's going on this month with us:
- We've finally set a date to get Baby Graves baptized.  Peyton told me it was a good thing we didn't think his salvation was riding on it.  Um, yeah, I'd be a big ball of anxious if that were the case.  We do, however, see it as a special time to welcome him into the church community.  It's going to be the weekend following Thanksgiving, so hopefully Cookie will be able to make it!
- Toward the end of the month, we're finally getting the kitchen floors redone.  I could not be more thrilled!
- I'm over half way done with my closet changeover.  I really hustled this time and I think it's going to be done in less that a week.  That's a record!  I don't even think I did it that fast the year before we had kids.  Some seasons it just stresses me out to think about hurrying through it and other seasons it stresses me for it to sit. Weird.
- I did absolutely nothing to decorate for Fall.  I looked at my mom's decorations the other day and they were gorgeous!  Part of it is laziness on my part, but partly I just hate our Fall decorations.  I really like whimsical stuff, but the stuff I bought three years ago is SO kitschy and tacky.  I may try to get some Fall stuff on sale in the next week or so and put it up for next year.
- I'm hoping not to jinx it, but gradually (very gradually!) AP is starting to use the potty and Graves is starting to sleep better.  Both have happened with little formal "training" and that makes me really happy.  There has certainly been some gentle prodding with both, but I'm really enjoying taking things at a slow pace these days.
- Annie has really been enjoying Mother's Day Out and especially the "art" time.  We've been coloring at home, but I still feel like I could be doing more with her.  We have been having so many great conversations, though.  I love how talkative she is these days!
- One thing that has been so hard for me the past few weeks is being dairy free.  For some reason, I did okay for the first couple of months, but it just hit me last week.  I got so frustrated about it because EVERYTHING I could think that I really wanted to eat had dairy.  I keep telling myself it's just a season and of course, it's SO worth it.
- I FINALLY finished two of the craft projects I'd been meaning to do forever.  They were both really easy and didn't take much time at all- I don't know why I put them off.  Pictures to come.  I have one other large-ish project and then I want to do some sewing projects and maybe make one of those cute wreaths!

I think that's it for this month.  I just hope everyone can stay well. 

1 comment:

Camille said...

Love e new header! Super cute