Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Here are my links from this past week:



Posted: 04 Nov 2011 10:02 PM PDT
Y'all this is a weird post in some ways, so don't judge. I just love the way Rebecca and her husband put SO much thought into their kids names.
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 10:00 PM PDT
Just a beautifully written post.
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 09:55 PM PDT
Mainly I'm linking to this for the one line about the "the ministry of Cliff and Claire Huxtable". I just about died when I read that!
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 09:51 PM PDT
Y'all. I so want to go to Relevant one year.
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 09:50 PM PDT
Such simple advice, but so good.
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 09:50 PM PDT
Personally I'm not a big fan of the tracts approach.
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 09:49 PM PDT
Posts like this tug at my heart so much. It's something we're thinking and praying about so much. There was a time when I wanted so badly to adopt a baby (I always said I wanted to adopt a special needs child) and Peyton was okay with it, but it wasn't a huge deal to him like it was to me. At this point we know we're not done having children, but Peyton really feels like we should adopt any future children we have. I'd like one more biological child in the mix, but it has been neat to see his heart turn so much.
Pregnant inmate put in solitary on bread and water for refusing ‘early induction’ | LifeSiteNews.com
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 01:56 PM PDT
This week it seems like every time I turn around, I come face to face with tragedy and injustice. So sad.
Total Tippins Takeover: motherhood....
Posted: 03 Nov 2011 08:28 PM PDT
"mothering is not my main goal...revealing Christ to my children is." Love Amy's post. Especially how she articulates certain values and the way she is very intentionally teaching them through the daily task of parenting her little girls.
Posted: 03 Nov 2011 12:55 PM PDT
This guy is a judge that makes decisions about juveniles and families.. Horrifying. HUGE NSFW warning. It made me literally sick at my stomach.
As Report Reveals Toxic Ingredients in Baby Shampoo, Johnson & Johnson Goes Public with Plans to Clean Up Products - Forbes
Posted: 02 Nov 2011 11:21 AM PDT
Interesting. Apparently it's kind of old news, but we've always just bought what's on sale. Probably going with something else now.
Posted: 01 Nov 2011 08:26 PM PDT
This is truly horrible!
Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Amy said...

awww...i feel so unworthy of the weekly smorgasbord! than you for your sweet compliments. and no way is that baby graves in your header....when did he get so big??!!

Elizabeth said...

I really like california baby as far as baby shampoos, it is pricey but it lasts awhile. I put it in a foam soap dispenser and the bottle should last us a year. Simeon has pretty sensitive skin.