Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Okay, so this week's list is more minimal than usual. I guess I just haven't been spending as much time reading blogs lately. I'm not sure what I HAVE been doing, though, because as I told someone today my house looks like a pigsty that got hit by a tornado. I'm going to try to remededy that tonight and tomorrow! Anyway, sometimes I feel like a short list can be more meaningful, as every item on this list is truly superb!



Posted: 12 Nov 2011 07:54 PM PST
Kristal inspired me so much with this post. I tweeted about it earlier this week, but every time I find out about another friend doing this thing that I'm afraid of (adoption), it gives me confidence that one day we can do it, too!
Posted: 12 Nov 2011 07:53 PM PST
This is seriously one of the most well thought out, articulate things I've read on the subject. I love the slavery analogy, the consequentialists argument, and the part about how we work to protect "potential people" all the time. So well done!
Posted: 12 Nov 2011 07:50 PM PST
This video is SO cool. You just have to watch it.
The Howie House: Spiritual Warfare
Posted: 06 Nov 2011 02:10 PM PST
"Aborted babies can't say, 'Abba.' But the Father hears their cries anyway. Do we?" I want the answer to that question for me to be "YES!" Lord, make me your hands and feet for the least of these."

Whoa, I'd really like to be best friends with the girl who wrote this convicting post. OH, WAIT! ;)
Posted: 05 Nov 2011 10:00 PM PDT
"So I don't leave you with promises that all will rosy if you just work hard enough at it. I only leave you with the promise of His grace in the hard moments, the moments that you are sure you've failed at the one thing you've worked hardest at your whole life. I leave you this morning with words of hope for mothers in anguish: Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it.James 1:2-5"

Really, really good words here.

Hope you enjoyed this week's smorgasbord!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

:)

And I loved that post of Carrie's!