Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekly Smorgasbord

Okay, here are my links (a bit late) from last week:



Posted: 21 Nov 2011 08:24 PM PST
Is Lightroom worth it or would Elements be just as good? I asked on Twitter and I only got one response, so let me know if y'all think Lightroom has a definite advantage or if Elements would be just as good for my purposes. Also, I don't want anything TOO complex, but from what I can tell, neither are. I'm kind of leaning toward Lightroom because it seems like it's really good for organizing photos, which is a BIG deal to me.
Posted: 21 Nov 2011 03:57 AM PST
What a sweet, lovely post.
Posted: 21 Nov 2011 03:56 AM PST
"That fine is usually an awkward diminishing of the truth." PREACH.
Posted: 21 Nov 2011 03:55 AM PST
What a fun idea! I love to ready, but I've gotten lazy with it. I need to really be intentional because there are so many books I want to read!

Just Don’t…. » Ordinarily Extraordinary
Posted: 16 Nov 2011 08:41 PM PST
WHO says these things?
Posted: 16 Nov 2011 12:54 PM PST
"But I have learned that sometimes the best way I can take care of my family is to take care of me." Amen and amen. I think most moms in the stage I'm in really struggle with self care. But it is so important.

parenting 101 from people who know things: safety first! « should be the beginning:
Posted: 14 Nov 2011 09:22 PM PST
"It's important to me to be an empowering parent, rather than a fearful one. Learning these lessons means letting go of the reigns a bit on my part. It means not hovering. It means letting him play hard & adventurously. And for me, it meant bypassing the padded corners and door locks." We didn't overly baby proof for Ann Peyton (although I did get the toilet locks, and she broke them both...it was an anxiety thing with me), but partly that was just due to her nature. I thought we might do a little more for Graves, but I really like the mentality behind this post.
Posted: 14 Nov 2011 02:18 PM PST
"In the era of the supermom where we feel pressure to be an odd mixture of a June Cleaver housewife and a Martha Stewart business mogul, are we afraid to verbalize that we cannot do it all? Is there shame in that feeling that maybe, somehow, someway, we failed womanhood?" This post is really well-written and really important.
Posted: 14 Nov 2011 02:16 PM PST
This is an old post I meant to link to awhile back. To me, the way the two genders differ in play activities is so fascinating. I can't wait to see it play out (no pun intended) in my very own living room!
Enjoy!

No comments: