Monday, December 5, 2011

Multitudes on Mondays

I said last week was my last week of doing this on a regular basis, but even with Thanksgiving over, I wanted to continue until the end of November. This little exercise was really eye-opening and I feel like it helped my attitude so much.  I know I will be doing it like this again at some point and also just spontaneously tweeting daily thanks when the mood (or the Holy Spirit!) strikes me.


67. Winter's final arrival in Mississippi
68. putting on fresh pjs after my morning shower and wearing them all day
69. a corndog for dinner
70. a refreshing soak in the tub
71. the promise that one day I will wean Graves and/or he will outgrow his issues
72. the fantasy of eating a full cheese pizza by myself on that day
73. the grace to make it to that day
74. a sweet pizza chef brother in law who concocts goat cheese pizzas until I can have the real thing 
75. the permission I gave myself for unlimited corndogs for the interim


76. a month of thankfulness and all the blessings it's brought me

I thank Thee for both smile and frown, and for the gain and loss;
I praise Thee for the future crown, and for the present cross.
 I bless Thee for the glad increase, and for the waning joy;
And for this strange, this settled peace, which nothing can destroy.
-Jane F. Crewdson

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

So, I need to know more about goat cheese pizza! I am dying without dairy too. It's so hard!