Thursday, December 1, 2011

Weekly Happenings Post #141 (November 21-27)-- Turkey, Dressing and the Giving of Our Thanks

This post is so late and I'm so irritated.  I hate it when things feel "undone" and besides that I feel like I have SO many other posts I want to do.  In fact, since I started this post, I have seven drafts on top of it.  Below it, I'm not even telling ;) One day I'll catch up! Anyway, I just felt so sick the start of this week and was so tired.  I think it was all just allergy stuff; I never had a fever or anything but it wore me out.  Anyway, last week was so busy (and this one has been, too).  Maybe that's part of my problem. I'm just really tired.

I fed Graves around six on Monday morning and since I had gone to bed SO early, I stayed up for a few minutes and blogged (ha!).  Then I laid back down and fell asleep until he and AP woke up again at eight.  I gave Graves a bath and then cleaned up the kitchen, which was kind of a disaster and started laundry.  I took a bath myself when Graves went down for his morning nap and put fresh sheets on our bed and then he woke up and I finished getting ready.  I fed the kids lunch and ate two sandwiches myself and then I locked them in our bedroom with me and spent over an hour putting up clean laundry and all the clothes Peyton and I had thrown on the loveseat and on the bed and in Graves's bouncy seat.  It was shameful!

I put both the kids down for naps and AP played in her bed for a couple of hours, but never went to sleep.  Graves did take a nice, long nap in his swing (I don't even really attempt the crib anymore, except at night-- I know it's a bad habit, but I feel accomplished that they sleep in there all night together).  I had to keep going in there and giving stuff to AP, though.  I really try to humor her requests for books and things since she does so well staying in bed for the most part.  Anyway, I watched some Lost and folded laundry and ate my second lunch and played on the computer.  Peyton got home and we got ready and went to his parents' house.  We had fun visiting and we put the kids right to bed when we got home.  Peyton played video games and I got on the computer and then we cooked this Hoppin' John's Cousin and some grilled squash and zucchini pasta salad.  I got back on the computer and went to bed way too late.

Annie woke up super early on Tuesday morning.  We were out from MDO for the holidays so I put her in bed with me and we watched Elmo and snoozed until Graves woke up around eight thirty.  I gave him a bath and took one myself and got ready and then I gave AP one.  It was even worse than last time :( We finished getting ready and left to have lunch with the Howies.  We went to Beagle Bagel and we had fun, but the girls did get a little crazy.  We decided next time we might have to go for some Christian Chicken so they can just play and be wild!  When we got home, I started some laundry and picked up a bit and got both kids down for naps.  Annie actually fell asleep which surprised me because she had taken a little car nap on the way to lunch.  I worked on two posts and just messed around on the computer and then Graves woke up so I held him and played with him.  Peyton got home and he took the kids to run an errand (to Cokesbury) and I took a short nap.  When they got home, we all went to Target to get a new bathroom scale and a new iron and to return some things.  We fed the kids supper and put them to bed.  Peyton watched some of  a presidential debate and I got on the computer and then folded laundry and watched Lost.

The kids got up early-ish on Wednesday, too.  Peyton was working all day and left around seven thirty.  I got a bath and did a few things and then put Graves down for his morning nap. He slept great and Annie and organized some stuff in their room.  I went through some of Graves's clothes he'd outgrown and packed them up.  When he woke up, we headed over to my parents' house.  I had meant to have a full day at home, but Ann Peyton asked specifically to see Minnie, and I just couldn't deny her that for no good reason.  We stayed about an hour and then came home.  Ann Peyton fell asleep in the car, so she didn't take a nap at home, but she stayed in bed for a couple of hours.  Graves took a great nap!  He had such a good day that day.  I got on the computer and then had a late lunch and watched Lost and folded laundry.  When the kids woke up, they played and I folded more clothes.  I was so behind, I found a load that had things in it that I forgot we even owned!  Woah.  I finished up and Annie and I cleaned up her toys and I fed Graves his supper and got hers ready.  Peyton got home and played with AP and I put Graves to bed and then we got Annie to bed.  I got on the computer and then Peyton and I chatted and went to bed.  Graves was up a bunch during the night- I was so unsure why after such a great day.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we spent the day between our parents' houses.  We got up and watched the Macy's parade on TV and then went to Peyton's parents for an early lunch.  We ate again with my parents mid afternoon, came back to see Peyton's sister at his parents' in the early evening and then went back to my parents' house that night. Whew!  We are so blessed they live within ten minutes of each other!
 We had so much fun at the Herrington's house!

Cookie took this picture to demonstrate that they are basically the same size sitting up.

We got home around eight and put both kids right to bed.  I got on the computer and Annie woke up a couple of hours later.  I think she was having some tummy issues again and Peyton snuggled with her on the sofa. I organized some pictures on the computer and did some in my Beth Moore study and went to bed.

Friday was a busy day.  We didn't go Black Friday shopping, but we did get out with Minnie and Cookie to run a few errands.  We got up and got ready and I spent about a half hour hanging up tons of clothes in our bedroom.  We went over to my parents' house and ate some leftovers and then ran errands.  We went by a scrub place to look for some scrubs for Cookie and another place to look for her some white sneaks to wear to work.  We also went by a little (home decorating) consignment store and to TJ Maxx.  I found some stationary and notepads and some coffee mugs and reusable cups as well as a couple of church dresses.  I fed Graves in a parking lot and AP fell asleep on the way back to my parents' house.  I was kind of frustrated because I knew she wouldn't take a nap.  We ended up just staying the rest of the afternoon and watching football and eating more food.  We had our beans and rice early after Peyton met us when he got off work. Peyton took Graves home and AP and I followed shortly after him.  We put her to bed and I fed Graves and then got on the computer and wrote a post and did some in my Beth Moore study and went to bed.

We all slept pretty late on Satuday and had a relaxed, slow morning.  I got a bath and got ready and went to TJ Maxx to return one of the dresses I got.  I had lunch and then worked on straightening up around the house.
 When I got home from the TJ, Baby Graves was wearing AP's hat and "smoking" this bubble wand!

I hung up a bow holder I made for AP and then we put her down for a nap.  I got on the computer and watched Lost and folded laundry.  She never did go to sleep, so Peyton played with her some and then the kids and I went over to my parents' house to see Cookie one more time before she left.  We had sushi and it was delish.

When we got home, we put the kids to bed and I folded some more laundry and got on the computer. I did some more catching up in my Beth Moore study and then Peyton and I chatted and went to bed.

Sunday morning was Graves's baptism so we got up a little early.  We gave both kids baths and got them ready and got everything together and headed to church.

 Our new shampoo strategy- Peyton said we basically waterboarded her, but she liked it MUCH better!

We dropped them off in the nursery and went to our own Sunday School but we left early before the second service.  I fed Graves and got him dressed in his christening gown (he had just worn a regular sweet church outfit during the Sunday School hour).  The service was really nice and our family lit the Advent candle, too.  Our associate pastor preached and it was a great sermon.  After church, we all went over to my parents' house for a little luncheon.  Peyton's parents and grandmother had done the food and it was wonderful! We visited for a good while and then came home and attempted naps.
I'm going to do a full post, but I adore these two pictures!

 Graves took a good one (he had also taken one in church right after his baptism in Peyton's lap), but AP couldn't fall asleep.  She stayed in bed for awhile and then we brought her in our room and let her snuggle with us while we watched football.  Graves woke up and she got mad that I was holding him and slapped him.  She was so tired and I felt bad for her, but I was so upset.  I fed Graves some supper and then Peyton took both kids to do the recycling and to take a pumpkin pie to his parents.  They stayed for awhile and I got some things done around the house.  I spent probably an hour unpacking our bags from the morning, straightening the house, cleaning up piles of papers and stuff and sweeping and dry mopping the hardwoods.  I  put up dishes, reloaded the dishwasher, and swept in the kitchen and bathrooms.  Peyton got home and we put the kids to bed.  AP had a rough time and had to take several trips to time out and Peyton ended up taking her music away from her and then taking all the books and magazines out of her bed because she would not mind.  She finally got to sleep and I mopped the kitchen and bathrooms, started some laundry, and painted the inside of a cabinet in the kitchen.

I feel like it was a good week, but a busy one and this one is turning out sort of the same.  We have a lot of fun things going on, so I don't want to complain, but it's such an exhausting time of the year, especially with two small ones!

No comments: